Need Some Instructive Critisism on These.

SaltyBuckster

DSC09810.jpg

DSC09811.jpg

When you look at these two jigs,first one is a 1/32 with a size 6 sickle and the second is a 1/64 oz. with a size 8 sickle.The reason is my dislike for one of them,lol.Both are black kip and Crazy Angler's Bream Buster chenille with silver flash.

CrappieHappy

did you double wrap the 1/32 ? I am sure they will catch fish.... never purchased the bream buster but looks like i need too.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Step 1: Remove engine.

What instruction you need....... my address to mail them to? Those will work - 32's for the crappie and 64's for the gills. ;)

SaltyBuckster

CrappieHappy said:
did you double wrap the 1/32 ? I am sure they will catch fish.... never purchased the bream buster but looks like i need too.
I did double wrap the 1/32 it just does'nt look right compared to the 1/64.The Bream Buster chenille is some tiny stuff,lol.Like the thread that I use for saltwater jigs.I'll try the regular chenille on the 1/32 and a little less hair.Maybe that will bring me around to liking it.

smalljaw

Do you use super glue or head cement to lock the threads or do you just whip finish and leave it at that? The reason I ask is my bigger bass jigs I epoxy the thread and the entire head and my smaller bass jigs I whip finish and then put a drop of super glue on a tooth pick and then apply it to the threads and it is tough with chenille but you half bury the head so that is why I'm asking.

SaltyBuckster

I don't use any kind of glue at all.I use clear nail pilish on the thread of my saltwater jigs to protect the thread from toothy creatures.I hand whip finish everything.Only had one of them unthread itself,lol.Bad thing was my brother in laws brother was catching bluegills that day on the kelly green marabou jig and the thread started to unwrap.They must have a lot of thread on them because he caught a couple more fish until it was BARE.

StumpHunter

That jig will catch em for sure! I like that chenille, lots of color combos will work with it.
I use a drop of glue on all my tie-offs. I like the small bottles with the long metal stem.

SaltyBuckster

Thanks guys for the compliments,But I really would like to know more about amount of hair on the jig.Amount of flash,you know technical questions like that.I love tying these micros now,just want to make sure that I make them the best that I can.

You have way to much hair on the one and I think you are using more flash than needed sort of over kill if you ask me. The chenille problem I is a tuff one if you are trying to get that tapered look. Definitely will have to double wrap the chenille just will have to play a bit with it to get the tapered body you are looking for.....

Oh by the way.... Nice tie, nice job, will hunt and all that other normal stuff you see..... LOL

Fatman

Too much tail and chenille on the first one IMO!! If the chenille is small as you say, try this take 2 pieces clamp the one end and use hackle pliers or regular pliers and spin the two pieces together, it makes it bigger without over wrapping. You may have to rough it up a little but that's easy with velcro. bottom one looks good!!

SaltyBuckster

Here is what I ended up with.They are all a little differant Hair wise that is.I really like the ones with the shortest tails A LOT
DSC09814.jpg

toadfrog

I think you ought to have to put eyes on them . Knowing how much you love that . LOL

Pup

My view as a river bass guy...

The first jig, with it's reduced hook gap, wont hang wood as often as the second one pictured. If dragged along a bottom, the first jig should "stand up" on its head. That's what usually happens whenever I fish a jig having a "cone" of chenille that exceeds the diameter of the jig's head and the eye is at 90 degrees. This conical "chenille wind" allows me to create a stand-up jig without a football or stand-up head.

As for the rest... looking good SB. :t-up:

quivira kid

Bruce, I like the short tailed one at 8 o'clock in that last pic! Black bunny might be something else to try. I have caught a ton of fish with the Bream Buster chenille. I use the size 3 single layered on my 1/32 and it looks better than the size 0 double wrapped. My favorite jig is black head, brim buster chenille, with gadwall flank and copper flash tail.

Great looking jigs...

Back