Nebraska in the House!

markh28

New member here. I am pretty new to tackle making, and have probably made a few hundred horse head jigs, a few blade baits, and am experimenting with some other things as well. Glad to be a part of the group.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Are you one of CreekyChub's buds? Like you, he's a thoughtful tackle maker and angler who ventures beyond the same ol' everybody else is using.

Lucky you live Nebraska. Browsing the NFGA fishing forum there are some really dedicated and knowledgeable resource managers generous with their time participating. Integrating wipers into managed fisheries is particularly notable. And small town friendly attitudes are appreciated by occasional guests like myself.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Some other +s about NE fishing resources are the reasonable out of state license & state park camping fees. & coin-op hot showers! In Sept. the Big Mac Summer beach fest completely dies and there was never more than a handful, and I mean 5 or less, campers in the whole Lake Ogallala campground, which incidentally is gorgeous. In comparison, WY out of state fishing license is over $100 and the (arguably) premier CO wiper destination John Martin Res is over $20 a night to pitch a tent!

Altho I home base at our daughter's house in Greeley the fishing waters in CO just get too much pressure for resource management to keep up with. Anglers are edgy and paranoid about their "secret" spots being violated, and wardens are probably tired of dealing with regulations violators. Still, geez, there's no f***ing reason to keep your hand on your sidearm while reminding a gray haired senior that the little used road I inadvertantly entered was one way.

Oh, and my last 3 week stay in NE was 100% C&R. You're welcome.

markh28

Thanks Hawnjigs...I am a fan of our fishing here in Nebraska even though I do the majority of my fishing in the north central Kansas lakes. I think NE has good minds behind the fisheries management. From what I have seen, my biggest complaint with NE is the lack of enforcement of the game laws. Although this could probably be said about any state, it just doesnt seem there are enough boots on the ground to protect our resources, and when there are, they never seem to be in the right places. I get my license checked frequently in KS, and I have never in my life gotten checked in NE. Enough of my soapbox. I've spent too much time on this forum already today but I have picked up a bunch of pointers. Im glad to have stumbled upon you guys!

Hawnjigs said:
Some other +s about NE fishing resources are the reasonable out of state license & state park camping fees. & coin-op hot showers! In Sept. the Big Mac Summer beach fest completely dies and there was never more than a handful, and I mean 5 or less, campers in the whole Lake Ogallala campground, which incidentally is gorgeous. In comparison, WY out of state fishing license is over $100 and the (arguably) premier CO wiper destination John Martin Res is over $20 a night to pitch a tent!

Altho I home base at our daughter's house in Greeley the fishing waters in CO just get too much pressure for resource management to keep up with. Anglers are edgy and paranoid about their "secret" spots being violated, and wardens are probably tired of dealing with regulations violators. Still, geez, there's no f***ing reason to keep your hand on your sidearm while reminding a gray haired senior that the little used road I inadvertantly entered was one way.

Oh, and my last 3 week stay in NE was 100% C&R. You're welcome.

Back