Name that concoction.

Radtexan

Jig Man said:
I guess my invite got lost, but ya could share the brew....

Funny you say that Mel , them carolinians are a little funny. He shared some sauce with me the last few years. Took a long time to get the recipe. He don't don't any professional cookin but didn't want me to share the ingredients. ;) doubt he would ever check your pm's. thought :)

Jig Man

I was just jerkin your chain brother. I don't give my special stuff out either. That way when you want some dang good tarter sauce with your crappie you'll say hey Mel come on over... :icon14: It is good to see you on-line, I've missed your posts. Hope you have settled in to your new livin quarters and all is well with you and yours.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I cleared out some pm's to make space for all these recipes y'all talkin bout. I got one for the best cornbread u ever had!

redman

Come on Ronnie I am ready for a good Corn Bread recipe. Since we are cooling down in our neck of the woods it's about time for some Red Beans and Rice and Corn Bread. Wife did a pot of Chicken and Dumplings the other night. Canned a gallon of pickled jalapenos peppers and am needing a good recipe for jalapeno hush puppies or better yet jalapeno hot water corn bread.

Roger the mopping sauce is one I like on Ribs but will have to try it on Chicken. Am a big fan of the Kansas City style Bar-B-Que sauce sweet with a touch of hickory flavor to it. I have learned to eat the vinegar based sauce that is favored by people in East Texas. Have tried several recipes for Bar-B-Que sauce but keep coming back to Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar and Hickory. My Mother-in-Law made a very simple mopping sauce with three ingredients 1/2 cup of honey 1/2 cup of brown sugar and a tablespoon of Mustard. Not bad on any pork.

Redman

hookup

I'm a simple man with simple tastes

Here's my mopping sauce

0003710000016_500X500.jpg

and I put it into a squirt bottle

Back