My Wife kicked my Butt fishing

cadman

We were out fishing yesterday on Lake Beulah, in S.E Wisconsin. Needless to say my wife got 1 rock bass, and 5 largemouth bass. from 10:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. All the fish in 1 hour. I had 1 hit which I missed all day. I could not catch a fish to save my soul. Another day skunked by my wife. Her 2 biggest fish were 18" then she had a 15-1/2 and (2) smaller fish. Bait for today was my custom made Poison Tail jig in blk/blu and a plastic worm wacky style. Here are 2 pics of her biggest fish. Moderators if this is in the wrong place please move. Next week my wife and I are fishing a bass tournament. Will post results good or bad View attachment 2View attachment 3

Attachments

• Doreene 18 inches 50.JPG
    Doreene 18 inches 50.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Doreene another 18 inch fish 50.JPG
    Doreene another 18 inch fish 50.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 83

flatsrat76

cadman said:
We were out fishing yesterday on Lake Beulah, in S.E Wisconsin. Needless to say my wife got 1 rock bass, and 5 largemouth bass. from 10:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. All the fish in 1 hour. I had 1 hit which I missed all day. I could not catch a fish to save my soul. Another day skunked by my wife. Her 2 biggest fish were 18" then she had a 15-1/2 and (2) smaller fish. Bait for today was my custom made Poison Tail jig in blk/blu and a plastic worm wacky style. Here are 2 pics of her biggest fish. Moderators if this is in the wrong place please move. Next week my wife and I are fishing a bass tournament. Will post results good or bad

Congrats on the wife kicking your butt:D I wish my wife liked fishing:@

Hawnjigs

KISS
So, why did and does the better half do better? Were you both using the same mentioned lure? Is it a difference in technique?

cadman

Flats…..I used to be an avid golfer before I got married. Then when I got married, we wanted to do something together, so I took her golfing with me. Well to put it nicely that was not her thing. We went several times and she had no interest in it, plus you can’t keep shooting a 15 on a par 3 hole. So she used to fish with her grandma when she was little and I fished on and off all my life. We tried that for awhile then bought a 9.9 to carry from lake to lake and boat to boat, and then we bought a boat and from that point on well she loves to fish.

Jiggin Joe…….Yeah I know and this wasn’t the first time. Last year we were on a small lake and the first fish she got was. 4.8 lbs, then she got another fish at 4.2 lbs, then another at 3.11 and finally a 3.3. Meanwhile I could not catch a fish that day either. However before we left I got a 9” bass. I had to post this because I give her credit where credit is due. She fished hard that day as well and kicked my butt that day too. The best part of my wife fishing with me all the time and on tournaments is that I can buy anything fishing related and I don’t get any whining, complaining or any crap. She is the best. The drawback other than her out fishing me is we don’t expand our horizons by fishing with others to learn from others. I do however fish with others when she’s not fishing with me.

LedHed……That would have killed me. I think she uses a pink bass jig just to aggravate me. I have never caught a bass on pink either has she. But she loves that color. Go figure

Hawn…… We both use the same weight and color jig and the same colored worm hooked wacky style. She uses a spinning rod/reel and I use a bait caster. I think it is definitely presentation. The reason being is this. On Saturday, since I came into the area first since I was manning the trolling motor, I think my presentation was too fast. The wind was blowing briskly and I tried to slow down my presentation, but by the time I did my bait was already headed towards the back of the boat where my wife was fishing and I didn’t want to snag our lines. So I had to constantly cast my jig and reel in. Now my wife’s presentation was, she would cast out and let line out. Since she fishes from the back of the boat her bait would always be in the back, and she could feed line to let the jig drop and stay on the bottom. I think that was the key. I did try to go into the wind but I didn’t get anything that way either. Sometimes I think I should have anchored and cast out.

Radtexan……I have no complaints. She’ll get up at 2 in the morning with me to be on the lake at 4 or 5 a.m. As far as the credit goes I told her the same thing. She told me she’ll give me 25% for guiding her and using the trolling motor and 25% for netting her fish that’s it. “The rest is my secret which I can’t divulge” whatever that means I don’t know. All in all we have a great time on the water and we fish hard, but I tell her most of all to have fun and not to get stressed out when we fish tournaments.

ragged edge

My wife goes with me from time to time and I will have to say she does rather well. She never lets the opportunity go by to call my fishing buddies and tell them that I was out fished!

Back