My hot pot

hhawkins

I finally got it! Yep took me saving a $20 gift card from work and saving up my rewards points since Christmas, oh and of course my discount I get from work :D I only paid $5 and some change when everything was said and done with. Sometimes its worth being a Bass Pro empolyee.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• hot pot 001.JPG
    hot pot 001.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 111
  • hot pot 002.JPG
    hot pot 002.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 112

ScottV

Looking good Heather. I've been thinking of starting pouring jig heads but just haven't taken the leap yet. Between tying jigs, painting crankbaits, and "product testing", I stay pretty busy.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Most small jig head casters use a bottom pour melter which develops more melt flow pressure than a tip ladle. You might consider exchanging if possible. What say others?

JSC

Hawnjigs said:
Most small jig head casters use a bottom pour melter which develops more melt flow pressure than a tip ladle. You might consider exchanging if possible. What say others?

Ditto

JSC

:) :jig: :bigfish:

hhawkins

Thanks for the feed back on my new little pot. A bottom pour pot was much more expensive. Eventually I do want to get a bottom pour pot, but I'm pretty proud of the little pot that I picked up. It just gets one more step closer to my goals :D

Hawnjigs

KISS
With a bottom pour, there is the weight of the lead in the pot forcing the melt thru a narrow outlet gate creating downward velocity and force into mold inlet gates. The lesser drop velocity and force from a tilt ladle might make filling small gated molds difficult. Especially, if you use harder lead alloys like wheel weights tilt ladle-ing full cavity fill out might be near impossible in minimal gated molds like the Do-it Pro series ball heads.

The Hot Pot will be useful for most molds, and you will learn its limitations by experience.

hhawkins

Hawnjigs said:
With a bottom pour, there is the weight of the lead in the pot forcing the melt thru a narrow outlet gate creating downward velocity and force into mold inlet gates. The lesser drop velocity and force from a tilt ladle might make filling small gated molds difficult. Especially, if you use harder lead alloys like wheel weights tilt ladle-ing full cavity fill out might be near impossible in minimal gated molds like the Do-it Pro series ball heads.

The Hot Pot will be useful for most molds, and you will learn its limitations by experience.

Thanks Hawn! I'll have to do more saving.

Back