My field testers

crappiecripplerjigs

Today I took Tyler and his buddy James to test out some new colors from this morning. Kip and ducks today. They both performed well. Those boys caught about 25 fish today. Quite a variety too! James doesn't fish much but that bass sure made him grin. Good times!

Attachments

• phone 635.jpg
    phone 635.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 83
  • phone 630.jpg
    phone 630.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 83
  • phone 627 (594x800).jpg
    phone 627 (594x800).jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 59

Squeakyboatcaptain

Thats Great!!! I love it when the kids get in to it and enjoy the outdoors! My son is getting more and more interested in it, but.... he loses interest real quick...... a few more years, and its on!!!!

Radtexan

Awesome job crip !!!!You have some great prostaff....

surprised they still wanted the tiger apparel after yesterday. ;)

crappiecripplerjigs

Well, I didn't wear my Mizzou shirt today!! James is spending the night again tonight so we might get back out tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

toadfrog

Now there are some happy campers . Wish I could be that age again . One thing about it I remember those fishing trips and the excitement .

crappiecripplerjigs

That little pond is about 20 minutes away just into Kansas. Lilly pads are really starting to pop up and fishing is difficult due to all the stems. This pond was stocked with 100 fingerling channel catfish 2 years ago and I believe 100 crappie. I don't know how fast the crappie grow, but at an average of 8" now could they be two year old fish? The pond was very murky while the neighboring smaller one was clear. Could the catfish be stirring on the bottom? We're going to head out again today ahead of the 4-8" of rain that's coming our way.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Nice bass & bluegill too! What a great spot to develop skills. Getting a cat on a jig is a challenge.

Do you need to pay KS licenses for the crew?

crappiecripplerjigs

Kansas doesn't require license until age 16, but old dad has to buy one and they are getting expensive. $42 for out of state. Well worth it though as we do most of our fishing and camping in Kansas anyway. KDWP does an excellent job of putting money back into their state parks and campgrounds. Missouri could learn a lesson from them!

crappiecripplerjigs

QK the strip pits are fabulous. Don't have to drive far to run into them either. Found some on the back side of Mulberry taking the back roads to Farlington. These are long and every 1/4 mile they branch off to the east as far as you can see. Private land though. Might have to cozy up with those folks soon! How far is Newton from Pitt? We should meet up sometime.

quivira kid

2-1/2 hours or so... Bit of a drive, but yeah, those pits are awesome. A bunch of us are getting together mid-May to fly fish for gills down there. May have to give you a holler!

Zac

Back