my 1st powder painted jig heads

hhawkins

Got my new heat gun and got my toaster oven, gathered up several jigs and went to town. Was a little scared(first time doing it) But with a lot help from my friends here, I just did what I was told. I LOVE IT! Will never have to hand-paint again, then again might have to every now and then. My colors I used; rootbeer, pearl, sapphire blue and blue/black. I'm excited...I did it!

View attachment 2

Attachments

• first powder painted heads 002.JPG
    first powder painted heads 002.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 113

wtex

Looks good. Let the addiction begin. Ruby Slipper is a great color if you like red. And don't forget to clean the eyes out before you put them in the oven to cure.

JUNGLEJIM1

There's no stopping you now with the painting..Sometimes I think that I like painting better than tying.Except when I get a new idea from either myself or someone on this site.

skeetbum

Real nice stuff Heather. I have and like the blue/black myself, and the ruby slipper is good too. I glaze them after coating to make sure that the paint doesn't rub off, then you can reheat and add sprinkles and partial dips on the bottom and nose and such. Hold the eye with a pair of needle nose when dipping and you get no paint in the eye.

baitmaster

Great colors and coating. Congrats on starting to powder. LH i sright it gets worse and suddenly the storage space gets way too small.

Back