Mouse'n for trout

StumpHunter

I seen that article also, amazing the number of shews the trout had eaten. Goes to show we don't know everything about what the feeding habits are. I would have never thought a trout would eat that much but I guess in the Northern country you have a fatten up for the long winter. Very interesting read.

Pup

Good read. Interesting mentions included about grayling and lake trout in the LiveScience article as well. That reminds me. Here's a link to taimen: Hucho taimen

Eats prey the size of rats and ducks. A salmonid. Whoa!

Someday...

smalljaw

I read that article also, 20 shrews for a 19" trout, amazing!! It sort of puts things in perspective, I now make jigs for a guy that is a trout angler, and the jig I make him is a 1/16oz walleye head with a size #4 hook, the tail is palmered marabou with a body of chenille, black is the favorite color but he likes white as well, I thought it was way to big for trout, in fact I thought a #6 hook was big for them as I see a lot of guys using #10 and #12 hooks. Well I guess if the opportunity presents itself as the right time a trout will eat a big meal.

Back