More Yarn Ties

Pup

I really enjoy tying these on weedless sproat hooks. Used Premier LashMax eyelash yarn to tie both of them. Black felt cord comprises the legs of the Black-N-Purple Crawler pictured below. Its hook is a 3/0. The Electric Chicken Rat beneath it has a 1/0 hook.

ppeater001_zps4b44dd62.jpg

Black-N-Purple Crawler

chickenrat004_zpsc59e0eaa.jpg

Electric Chicken Rat

These may be field tested on fly rods, in addition to light spinning, as I now possess 8-wt. and heavier rods in my collection.

Fatman

How's your luck with the small wiggle eyes??? I bought a bag of them and use Duco cement to attach them but haven't given them the water test yet.

Have you had any problems with them?? or fished them yet??

Pup

Thank you CH. :)

Fatman said:
How's your luck with the small wiggle eyes??? I bought a bag of them and use Duco cement to attach them but haven't given them the water test yet.

Have you had any problems with them?? or fished them yet??

I've used googly eyes many times before, but always on jig heads that were covered by 2-part epoxy. They've worked out well. The epoxy would pull the paint from the jig head and make it appear as though eye sockets were formed on the head. It also sealed the eyes from water.

I'll have to give the creatures a try this spring. Their eyes are attached with Loctite "Gel Control" Super Glue and aren't coated with epoxy. I expect them to become waterlogged and get knocked off of the dumbbells eventually, that is, if I fish them regularly.

Fatman

Thanks for the info Pup. I used Duco cement but tried to keep it on the bottom, I have a two part epoxy mix I'll try on some tommorrow.

Pup

Thank you for your comments Led, QK, and Stump. :)

Fatman said:
Thanks for the info Pup. I used Duco cement but tried to keep it on the bottom, I have a two part epoxy mix I'll try on some tommorrow.

You're welcome FM. :)

smalljaw

Once again the yarn master has spawned a couple more unique creations and they do not disappoint!! Some serious skill involved with these, just flat out awesome!!

Back