More new spinners

Fatman

Teal body and blade, with differnt peacock feathers and the third is blue with glitter overcoat and the blade is green and purple mixed in clear and tapped on the blade
100_4306.jpg

AndyLane

Those look great! I've been wanting to pick up some supplies to make me some spinners like that. Are those poured lead bodies or are they brass, plastic, wood? A while back I spun a few wooden bodies on a mini lathe and hand painted them to make some with but I never did. Do you use a store bought wire bender or did you make one?

Fatman

Yeah they're poured lead bodies. I traded some horsehead jigs for them. I also have different style brass and nickle ones.

I have an old Netcraft (not Janns) wire former that I bought in 1984, before then I used to use round nose pliers. I have a worth hand wire former but that thing is dangerous making eyelets - to much pressure and the wire breaks and goes flying - but on the end of it is a peg system for make open wire frames like the old Hildebrandt spinners with a coiled wire closing, the coil I make on the netcraft wire former
100_4107.jpg

smalljaw

Those look spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Fatman and guess what? Blakemore is now making those double jig spreader rigs you were making and they are almost identical to your design so I would say that if that didn't come from here then it is an amazing coincidence that someone had the exact same idea and design.

Fatman

Thanks SJ

I used the basic frame shape from their's and only changed the ends. I looked at their site and they only show the ones they put out, didn't see anything like mine. If you have a link showing something like mine I'd like to see it.

Back