More new baits

JUNGLEJIM1

These are 1/28 pillhead spinners and 1/40 baby chubs on #6-8 sickles. with heat index at 105 I passed on the fishing and sat at the desk today. SUPPOSED TO STAY THAT HOT FOR THE NEXT FIVE DAYS.I guess you'll be seeing more of me.

Attachments

• IMG_2990_2.JPG
    IMG_2990_2.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3000.JPG
    IMG_3000.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 121

crazy angler

Future Sponsor
Now Your getting My attention ! Those are SWEET! Look Out Trout and 5 Lb. Bass!

fish_4_all

Those are some nice looking jigs. I bet those would work for a lot of species I fish for.

JUNGLEJIM1

On the chubs which have a number 8 hook,I've tied a ton of buggers and cut the tips off because that's the weakest point on hackle.I've been saving these tips for something and these are a perfect fit. Rad,yes that's #3 gras. I have #5 for 1/16 and anything smaller I use #3. Just started painting blades so I should get better.Gonna try and get full coverage on the blades but I like the results so far.

JUNGLEJIM1

No way are the plain jigs obsolete. I've only been giving the blade baits a try in the last year and have had a few good days with them. If I have three rods rigged two will have a "PLAIN" jig and the other will have a blade bait. If I'm bass fishing then I'll have a rod rigged with a slider head jig and finesse worm under 5 inches.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Good to know I don't have to "give" away my blade-less ties on eBay. Market seem to have crashed after $4.99 per 100 painted China heads hit eBay. BTW JJ1 I'm following your transition to less gaudy "natural" colors with great interest.

JUNGLEJIM1

Hawn,I started selling my hand tied baits on ebay january of 2005.At trhe time there was about 350-400 listings on there in a weeks time.Now there is about 9000.When I list now there have been times where an item has gotten 4 views,I can't sell a jig if no one looks. I kjnow what you mean about the china heads,people would rather buy crap and save a buck rather than quality. The duck jigs that sold for as high as $61 for a dozen in FEB/09 now go unsold at $9.99 and these are better ties. Unreal !!!!! This year the naturals are really catching fish for me,gotta use what works, don't want to spend money on minnows,rather buy more tying materials.

crappiecripplerjigs

Great looking ties Jim and good discussions as well. I have been tying plenty of jigs with the spinners lately and find myself getting away from the bladeless jigs. Seems I am adding a crane swivel to everything. Hoping I can tie a plain jig again someday!! Are you baking the blades after painting them?

JUNGLEJIM1

I'm not baking the blades,yet. I need to get into a school of fish and see how much punishment the blades take before paint starts chipping. If it don't chip then there isn't a need to bake.

crappiecripplerjigs

A few of my painted blades chip a bit when adding them to the split ring. I suppose it is not enough to keep the fish from biting.

Back