More jigs using crinkle paint

duffy

The Lil-Mac’s and old Hilts molds had very smooth interiors. I wish I would have bought more of them when they were more plentiful and cheaper.

JUNGLEJIM1

Most of the filing is done around the back of the jig eyes so the paint flows out of the eye socket more creating the colors I've been getting. I just had some major shoulder surgery ten days ago that's going to take 6-9 months recovery time, wearing a sling for the first two months. No tying but I can still paint heads since I dip with my left hand and use the brush with the right so the brush tapping won't be happening for awhile. I hang my heads when curing in the oven with the heads pointed up and now I don't get the cone head effect anymore.

duffy

Most of the filing is done around the back of the jig eyes so the paint flows out of the eye socket more creating the colors I've been getting. I just had some major shoulder surgery ten days ago that's going to take 6-9 months recovery time, wearing a sling for the first two months. No tying but I can still paint heads since I dip with my left hand and use the brush with the right so the brush tapping won't be happening for awhile. I hang my heads when curing in the oven with the heads pointed up and now I don't get the cone head effect anymore.
Hopefully your recovery goes well. I’m learning how a shoulder injury slows things down. Mine went wonky right before harvest and that made things interesting. Dr asked what I did and I said, I woke up and it was like this! Possible tendinitis or inflammation but it’s still bugging me. Anyway looking forward to more of your creations and will be interesting to see how they work.

JUNGLEJIM1

I sent an email to CSI paint commenting about how much I like the silver crinkle paint and the jigs I've been painting and they replied back asking if I can send them some pics which I did. They were really impressed with my painted jigs. They and Do-It want to put my work on their social media platforms giving me full credit and direction. I gave my permission for them to use the photos so we will see where it goes from here. Looks like I will be starting a social media account now. They couldn't believe the colors I've been coming up with saying that to their knowledge nobody is painting jigs like this. Really excited about this.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is really neat to hear Jim! I will have to look them up on Facebook and Instagram and like it if i see it. Those are the only social media things i am into other than fishing forums. I have gotten rid of so many "friends" on Facebook in the last 2 years, it is pretty comical.... i use it mainly for the groups to get fishing reports and seeing where all people are camping in OH and MI. Too much preaching and politics for me.

RockGeo

Jim, Congratulations on your future work with CSI and Do-It molds! Your work is truly impressive! I'm definitely going to give the crinkle paint a try due to your inspiration.

I also wish you the best on your surgery recovery. It sounds like lots of physical therapy will be in order this winter as well.

Microbaits

Those are some fine looking jigs. I have been attempting to achieve similar results. However ,that is on hold until I can get some water damage taken care of. and that is turning out to be taking a while. It's getting frustrating.

Microbaits

Those are some fine looking jigs. I have been attempting to achieve similar results. However ,that is on hold until I can get some water damage taken care of. and that is turning out to be taking a while. It's getting frustrating.
Do you pour your own jigs? I did a long time ago, and there wasn't much to choose from back then.
Molds aren't cheap, especially when you add in other essentials. I have plenty of lead and quite a few jigs. However there is always something new just about every time you turn around.

JUNGLEJIM1

I pour all of my jigs. I have about 50 molds and some are one of a kind custom molds that I had made. I want a few more but the ones that I want aren't available right now.

Crappie Kitty

I believe I have my painting skills dialed in using the crinkle. I've been filing the heads because the smoother the heads the better the paint flows. View attachment 14555View attachment 14555View attachment 14556View attachment 14557View attachment 14558View attachment 14559
Jim, fabulous job on these jigs. However noticed paint in the jig eye. If you get some electrical heat shrink tubing. Shrink it over the eye before you paint. Can save you time not having to clean out the hook eyes later

Back