More jig pics

JUNGLEJIM1

I've been busy tying the last month or so.Not much fishing since I'm not into hard water fishing,just not comfortable out on the ice.Working on some new style jigs and one of my favorites is in the first pic that I call "ALIENS" or "ET'S".Igot the idea with these eyes from another member here,Thanks Len.I've been running with it ever since and even found some smaller 3mm nailheads on ebay,really killer stuff. A friend on the east coast has been smoking browns and steelhead,most in the 9-12lb. class on some of my plated buggers with the black and olives doing the best followed by "pank". Thought some might want to take a look at what I've been up to.

Attachments

• IMG_3484_3.JPG
    IMG_3484_3.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3483_3.JPG
    IMG_3483_3.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3482_3.JPG
    IMG_3482_3.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3485_3.JPG
    IMG_3485_3.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3481_3.JPG
    IMG_3481_3.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 193

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
All look good but the last set of palmered jigs really stand out, good combos. Really like the paint jobs on the blades of the belly spinners as well.

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks everyone. Doc,the plated buggers are 1/32 on a #6 hook,and the pillheads are 1/24 on a #4.I've been using 4 or 5mm eyes,either will fit. I really like the nailhead jigs and spinners,I've been using 4mm on the 1/24 and 3mm on the 1/32.I found a site that has 2mm holographic nailheads,GOT TO GET SOME OF THOSE. I just started painting the blades with two colors,actually pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. Going to post some more pics of the jigs with nailheads,I'm hooked on those.

JUNGLEJIM1

Doc, I pour these myself.I had two custom pillhead spinner molds made last year made especially for a 3-d eye,but can paint the eye as well and if I don't add the crane swivels there is only a tiny sprue for me to shave off.

JUNGLEJIM1

I put these up on ebay a few days ago to see what would happen. 4 of the 5 have bids and one is up to $40 for a dozen. Maybe the recession is over.

LedHed

Sponsor
"4 of the 5 have bids and one is up to $40 for a dozen" - congratulations, nice to have your work recognized – monetarily is even better.

Are you powder painting your blades?

JUNGLEJIM1

Led,I'm dipping the blades then dusting them with another color while they are still hot.Like a snowflake,none are exactly the same. Got several orders from those listings.I was going to give up ebay,but I guess I'll list more for awhile. Same guy wants more.

skeetbum

Good lookin stuff ya got there. The buggers look real good, makes me want to palmer something. Good use of the mallard flank. I've been tying some trebles for a guy that keep me pretty busy. I can only tie a few and have to put em down and do something else. They'll be done soon and I can try some of this stuff.

Lost Pole

:exclamation:
I'd be 'fraid to fish with 'em they're so immaculate. Tutorials!
Painting first and foremost, then them buggers.
pweeeeeaaaase.
Too many people underestimate the power of their painting...
don't think it'll make or break the fish on my line, but sure looks pleasing to the human eye.
amazing work jj

Adam

JUNGLEJIM1

The painting is really easy my way.So easy I'd be embarrassed to show it now. Everything is done heating the jig one time with a lighter,two or three colors of paint and a couple of brushes.Dip in base coat,sprinkle darker color on top with brush tapping lightly,turn over and put a lighter shade on bottom while head is still hot. I cure paint at lower temps then most so it doesn't run to the head or sometimes no curing and put an overcoat of SH after eyes are superglued. There is a tutorial on buggers on here. I use a lot of silicone skirt tabs for tails. I just bought a few hundred skirt tabs today. Try fishingskirts.com. They have the best selection I've ever seen.

Back