Monster Jig

SaltyBuckster

For a monster fish.I tied up a couple 6 oz. jigheads.Chartruese was the color last weekend.Figured I'de better get a few done to try out.This is 6 oz. with a 8/0 hook,It measures in at 7" from tip of tail to head.

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 59

SaltyBuckster

CrappieHappy said:
nice, but dont whack yourself in the back of the head when casting that sucker......
You drop them Heath,lol.No casting.When you don't even see any land in the horizon it all looks the same,Ha.

blt

CrappieHappy said:
nice, but dont whack yourself in the back of the head when casting that sucker......

You want to see some heavy casting....Youtube long distance surf casting and it will blow you away how far they cast. 5.2 oz. went 313 yards lol. I think that is the current record.

toadfrog

What caliber would a six ounce be if you shot the thing ???? Bet it would knock the big red S off supermans shirt.

redman

TF you would almost need a Punt gun to shoot one of those. Man o man I think that is a super giant size and would break a toe if I dropped it on my foot. Nicely Done Bruce Take talent to tie them that big. I tie my share of Musky Spinners bucktail trebles. And that is darn hard to do and make it look right. Hats off you you.

Redman

Radtexan

shee's....It would only take 256 of my most fished size to make one of those......if my math is correct.

Fatman

Nice tie but yeah good thing you only have to drop it straight down - that would give you one hell of a headache it you smacked yourself with it.

Back