MOLDS ARE IN WITH PICS

toadfrog

Got 2'' swim minnow and cpappie reaper today Shot some pics . Hope everyone likes them. Working on having a mold along this line bot with a feather tail.

Attachments

• new crappie molds.jpg
    new crappie molds.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 86

toadfrog

Fish Candy Bait Company said:
I like that crappie reaper. I may have to add that one to my line up. Is that bottom channel just to vent the tails?
The mold has a sprue bar at the top and bottom . I took these lures to a pond . I caught every breed of fish in thAt pond except a catfish. I used white , chart, clear with red fleck. That minnow kicks heck out the water. One thing though add a beatle spin you'll double the catch. Tried poping the reaper under a styro float around stumps and snaggs . Got several keepers if I,d had time to take them home, but I had to go earn money to feed this grocery tumor I've developed around my middle.

So you are saying the top and bottom bars fill completely with the extra plastic or just a little exits into the bottom bar? That seems like a lot of plastic to shoot at one time if it fills the bottom bar. Then to trim and remelt. How much plastic did you use or think the mold uses per batch?

toadfrog

Fish Candy Bait Company said:
So you are saying the top and bottom bars fill completely with the extra plastic or just a little exits into the bottom bar? That seems like a lot of plastic to shoot at one time if it fills the bottom bar. Then to trim and remelt. How much plastic did you use or think the mold uses per batch?
It uses about an ounce but you reclaim 50% of that.As far as trimming there isn't any. Just pop them loose from the sprue threads and go fishing.

Oh then it is not as bad as it looks. I will put it on my list of molds to buy then. I have a new 5 1/2" creature on the way plus another worm and a beaver on order so it will be a little while until I can spring for this one.

toadfrog

These are 2'' tiny and really sensitive in the water. If you get one or any mold for that matter don't bother with using the machine screws that hold the pieces together. Get a 3'' or 4'' table clamp vice from harbor frieght fold a piece of card board around the mold clamp it in and shoot. It speeds up the process greatly.

toadfrog

I'd give it a little while Its my understanding that some changes are coming and some new molds in the next week or so. My work is not directly sales related I sell only enough to generate enough money to buy a mold now and then. I teach tackle making to a special group on a volunteer basis. But if you or anybody else that belongs to crappie.com , ijg craft or tackle underground needs something I'd try to do it. Or if I can help in some way give a holler. The only thing I shy away from is crank baits. To time consuming. the older I get the less patience I have.

toadfrog

View attachment 2
LedHed said:
TF
Awesome baits - really like the swimbait - would like to try a 1" or 1 1/2"
Thanks here is another one I'm working on. I'll see about the 1 1/2'' PM me your address.

Attachments

• Not a Reaper Not A Jelly Jig.jpg
    Not a Reaper Not A Jelly Jig.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 14
Back