Mold Release Agent

cadman

For all of you guys who pour a lot of jigs. If you are not using a lead mold release agent, than you should reconsider. I have been using it now for about 3 weeks, and this stuff is excellent. It is like frying eggs on a teflon pan. The stuff is called Drop Out, by Frankford Arsenal. Originally made for bullet casters. I bought mine at Zeiner's for $9.50 cheapest price I found anywhere on the web. Check it out you will like it.

cadman

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Thanks for the info.Pouring is my least favorite part of our craft,anything to make it easier I'll take a look at.

It's kind of funny because I am not a big fan of just buying something new just because it came out. But I thought if it would help me especially in summer when I have more problems pouring lead, than it's worth it. Also after I put this stuff on, I opened the mold and just poured some lead in a half cavity to see what it does. When the mold is really hot, the lead just flowed straight through the cavity without stick to the aluminum. I pour 80/20 lead 80% being hard, and in winter my pours were flawless, my summer pours is where I had my problems, so we'll see how this works. I will give updated reports as I use it.

Capt_Rodney

I will have to give this a try pour a lot of sinker but may start pouring some bass jigs soon

Jiggin Joe

I love pouring so far anyway and hav'nt had much trouble with the molds sticking but hey if i do I sure will give this a shot.

JJ

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks Cadman for the information on Dropout. I bought a can and sprayed my two hardest molds for getting good pours. Every jig was great yesterday,not one jig was a short pour so I had 100% success yesterday for the first time ever. If you pour jigs you need to give this stuff a try.I'm very happy with this product...

cadman

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Thanks Cadman for the information on Dropout. I bought a can and sprayed my two hardest molds for getting good pours. Every jig was great yesterday,not one jig was a short pour so I had 100% success yesterday for the first time ever. If you pour jigs you need to give this stuff a try.I'm very happy with this product...

Jungle Jim,
All I can say is that it works and like you said if you haven't tried it you don't know what you're missing. I'm glad you had great pours. That's what it's all about helping each other out. Good to know. So far I have no complaints about this product works really well in summer where my biggest problems are.

JUNGLEJIM1

It not only helps with pouring but you get an easier jig removal from your molds. Easier removal means mold won't get as hot and you can pour more jigs in a shorter amount of time.

Back