Minnow Crank Jigs

Mack

1/4 ounce jigs, Plastic bills/lips, synthetic Hair.

Attachments

• 04 cut resized 50 percent.JPG
    04 cut resized 50 percent.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 07 cut resized 50 percent.JPG
    07 cut resized 50 percent.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 72

Mack

The First one that's lighter colored swims perfectly like a minnow... the other ones swim nice but this one swims perfectly at any speed retrieve... I definitely found the right lip for 1/4 ounce jig heads... Now I just need to get some minnow shaped jig heads in 1/4 oz.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Mack heres what it would look like with 1/4 oz minnow type heads. I played with these lips about a year ago. The angle and the thickness of the lip make huge differences in how it swims. I recommend using a swivel on your line. If you get the lip just right it will spin like the old helicopter lures. Caught a few bass with them.
http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/showthread.php?tid=303&highlight=wabbit+wigglers

Mack

Ron Don said:
Mack heres what it would look like with 1/4 oz minnow type heads. I played with these lips about a year ago. The angle and the thickness of the lip make huge differences in how it swims. I recommend using a swivel on your line. If you get the lip just right it will spin like the old helicopter lures. Caught a few bass with them.
http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/showthread.php?tid=303&highlight=wabbit+wigglers

I like your design... mine don't helicopter though they swim just like a crankbait... and I had a lot of people asking why the hell I didn't put the lip on the bottom lol... But crankbaits float I explain so they need to the lip downward so it can dive and with jigs they sink so they need an upward angle so they can be retrieved at any depth. What I have learned is that with crankbait lips it has to taper like a triangle for it to swim right. i found a sight that really helped a lot in crankbait lip hydrodynamics. you seem like you know what you're doing and I like your work, but here is that website that explains Crankbait Lip Hydrodynamics This sight is so informative you can cut a crankbait lip to shape and know what it will do before testing. It's definitely a helper so give it a read and tell me what you think. :)

Back