Mini Marabou

Pop

I have been using mini marabou for my jigs. They are perfect size and price is cheaper. My local fly shop only had a limited color selection and now Barlows is out of product. Does anyone else use the mini marabou and can recommend a source? Thanks, Pop

LedHed

Sponsor
I use to get my marabou fluffs from tackle-craft out of Wisconsin - unfortunately they closed down in February. Dealt with them since the mid 80s - very sad to see them go.
I'm looking for UV white....

Pop

I ordered some from grandpa Bob. His price was the best by far. I'll see what the quality is and if usual quantity. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks everyone for all the info. Pop

Kdog

Pop said:

I ordered some from grandpa Bob. His price was the best by far. I'll see what the quality is and if usual quantity. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks everyone for all the info. Pop

Please keep us informed. Also let us know if he ships quickly as this has in the past been a real issue.

Pop

Received notice today from grandpa Bob that my order was shipped. Will let you know when I receive. Pop

JUNGLEJIM1

Sonny, the white marabou that I bought from Hareline recently was fluorescent white. Bad part is it's strung and bigger than what you normally use.

Pop

Received by grandpa Bob order today. Have not opened the bags as yet, but; looking thru the bags, material looks good and quantity similar to other suppliers. Pop

LedHed

Sponsor
Have some Jim - it'll do in a pinch.

Pop - can you post a picture. Glad to hear you didn't have any problems with your order.

Pop

Hopefully the picture below is of the marabou I received. Unfortunately the color I wanted the most was "wine" and grandpa Bob sent me some strung marabou and not mini marabou as ordered. The quantity of the strung marabou was not as much as other strung marabou I have purchased elsewhere. I figure he didn't have the mini so he tried to balance it with the strung marabou. I'll only be able to use the feather tip. any suggestion how to use the rest of the feather?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u135/mrjohn_photos/003_zpsaa12e240.jpg

Pop

OOPS! More pictures than I bargained for. Sorry for that, still learning to post pictures. Maybe the mods can help clean that up. Pop

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pop - That is the correct link for the image. You can post it right into the reply if you click the 'Insert Image' button above the text box when you reply. The button looks like this the little mountains and sun in this group......

toolbar.gif

When you click it, a new box open up and you paste the link in there. Then it looks like this.....

003_zpsaa12e240.jpg

Back