Micro chub jigs

JUNGLEJIM1

I've been fishing these for 10 of the last 12 days at a park lake close to my home and have been having a blast catching bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish and big redears. The Redear have been averaging close to 11" and over 1 lb. Releasing everything so far but may keep a few soon. Warmer weather has the coontail moss growing and making it harder to fish. Been using micro chubs that weigh 1/80th on #10-#12 sickle hooks less than an inch long under a float. Tied  some extras this morning. Fish are prespawn mode now but a few are swimming in water less than a foot deep so it's getting close.  View attachment 9

Attachments

• IMG_5837.JPG
    IMG_5837.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 20

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yah, fish appear to be hungry, and lucky for your healthy populations. Unrelenting angler pressure here, worm and minner dunkers appear to have fished out walleye & trout at my favored spots.

Like your natural colors, what materials used for the tails?

JUNGLEJIM1

Some chickabou and grizzly marabou that I had dyed seal brown were used for tail and some #0 chenille body. It rained Thursday so didn't fish. Went yesterday and they moved up and are bedding now. Clear water makes it tough since they are in water less than a foot deep. Caught a few and released them. Going to let them do there thing for a few days and try to find some pre spawn fish at other lakes.

skeetbum

Those are sweet Jim. Been trying my hand at the small stuff but 1/64 is as brave as I get. Gotta dig out the p/p stuff, still buried since moving south.

JUNGLEJIM1

I went there early this morning. O Redear but bluegill were bedding and biting so had some fun before it got too hot. Caught 3 channel cats up to about 3 lbs on these little jigs.

hookup

Nice job Jim

They'll catch fish. I've been tying similar ones on 1/64th and 1/48th oz and my fly rodding friends been scoring with them

JUNGLEJIM1

I've been using a 7'6"  one piece custom made light action rod most of the time with the little jigs and when I need distance use a small weighted float. The more I use the rod the more I like it. Water has changed color from clear to murky due to algae blooms. Almost time for some river bass fishing now.

Back