Lunch on the River

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got out again today on break and had some fun. interesting day to say the least. headed for a deeper water hole that is about a 1/4 mile from the nearest parking so no vehicle noise and very seldom see other fisherman. think i saw every bird of prey that that the river system has on my hour break, i saw.... 2 bald eagles, an osprey, red tail hawk, another hawk (not sure of species) and a kingfisher. then i noticed a white farm duck following me down river. Haha! heres a pic of one of the eagles, hard to see so i tried to blow it up some.....

101_1434_e.jpg

Anyway, got some fish too!

101_1436_e.jpg

101_1438_e.jpg

This catfish was alot bigger than it looks in the pic. had to stretch my arm out as far as i could to get it all in the frame. hit like ton of bricks and took me about 10 mins. to land on my ultra light. it took several line stripping runs!! very fun day. :cool:

101_1437_e.jpg

crappiecripplerjigs

Man, what a lunch break. If I didn't know better I'd say you were fishing Shoal Creek in Missouri. I'll have to post pics. Looks nearly identical. Glad you had some fun.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Nice, the streams on my island have no hook-able sport fish. Also, out my way with the asian immigrant population, "lunch on the river" would have been the duck!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the comments! :) BTW, forgot to mention that i have been using the black/red jigs i made to mimic the Venom Super-Do's almost exclusicely. :cool:

LH - It is too much fun... have "accidently" taken a little over an hour lunch before and had to make it up at the end of the day. wife calls it overtime, shhhh....

CrappieCrippler - Love to see some pics of your river, i have 3 rivers with-in a reasonable driving distance but fish the Sandusky the most.

JSC - Is a nice section of the river with alot of public access areas in city limits and just north of town. all no more than 6-8 min. drive from work!

Hawn - I'll pass on the duck! Hahaha!!! seemed pretty friendly to, could have hooked him - no problem.

RadT - Edited it in PhotoShop Elements. it is a dumbed down version of the full PS program but still pretty cool. just cropped out, copied & enlarged the little piece of the pic then put the lines in after.

Back