LP crappie

LedHed

Sponsor
Some crappie a buddy caught today on a %X&#$(&*&^ jig. Can't say cuz of certain lurkers. They like to copy and call em signature..

View attachment 7

View attachment 8

Attachments

• 20150320_104451 (636x682).jpg
    20150320_104451 (636x682).jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20150320_104450 (577x800).jpg
    20150320_104450 (577x800).jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 109

LedHed

Sponsor
LOL Mel. Talkin trash about the guy in the center of the pic (over my shoulder) - that's chivo. Guy is selling a knockoff of the auto jig that Fabby came up with. Him and his crew were out at LP yesterday fisin his jiggies - right - they were snagging shad (illegal here) and trying to catch bass. Don't really have anything nice to say about him.... or his tyes.... His new line is the chubby jig - hmmmmm - wonder where he got that from?????

hookup

LedHed said:
they were snagging shad (illegal here)

Don't worry Led, Karma'll catch up with him one of these days.

Nice taco filing there

JUNGLEJIM1

Where can I get me some of those chubby jigs?:rolleyes: Sounds like a good one. Nice slabs, did you fish for any yourself? What's a chivo ??:D:D

reefmo

Dang... I thought LP crappie were as mystical as the fabled winged unicorn. Where were you fishin? Marina docks or off your boat?

Any word on the 'gill bite lately?

Matt

LedHed

Sponsor
JJ - was lookin for REs and BGs - didn't stick around - too old to shake trees.... Chivo is a goat cooked in the ground - moniker he used on FNN - he doesn't like it anymore - LOL. Somebody must have told him what it meant.
reefmo - off the hook fishing in the evening and early morning. Huge shad & bait balls are in the marina - haven't seen it like this in a couple of years. Water temp is in the mid 60s. Lot of bass are gorging on the bait. With new level, it's going to be a long minute to figure it out again.

AllenOK

Nice looking Crappie, Sonny! I bet they put up a good fight on light gear!

To bad Mr. Game Ranger wasn't nearby to witness the illegal snagging. I've dropped a dime or two here locally.

Lost Pole

Those'ns are some goodns for sure Sonny. Congrats.
I bet, with the size of the REs and BGs, there's some record Sacs in that lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LedHed

Sponsor
What is sad Allen - some of those snaggers post on bb.c - the one in the background is a friend of Jim's. Guess he's jiggies weren't working - LOL.
pb - my friend Steve caught these fish. For some reason the crappie here elude me... I do more stumbling for crappie then fishin for them. Breaking out the "Boolies" next attempt.
Need some tutoring LP.

Lost Pole

LedHed said:
What is sad Allen - some of those snaggers post on bb.c - the one in the background is a friend of Jim's. Guess he's jiggies weren't working - LOL.
pb - my friend Steve caught these fish. For some reason the crappie here elude me... I do more stumbling for crappie then fishin for them. Breaking out the "Boolies" next attempt.
Need some tutoring LP.

I wldnt know how to fish a lake. Better off taking ScottV, Mr G, Ron don, plate or some of those guys with trolling skills.
Be happy to talk to the guys in the pic background though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllenOK

Led, I completely understand about that. I seem to only catch Crappie when I'm using live minnows, or jigging under the Crappie dock on my home lake. Almost always get stunted fish. Occasionally I will catch a Crappie in the river, or a different lake, while fishing for other species. Sometimes, those are some BIG fish!

JUNGLEJIM1

Sonny, we did get into a bunch of crappie at Perris two years ago before they dropped the lake level so we know they are in there, they just had to relocate. Looking at the pictures I can see where the water used to be last year and that's a considerable drop. Any rain in the forecast ?? Cheater's like CHIVO are everywhere, hopefully one day soon he'll get caught.

Back