LP 06 23 12

LedHed

Sponsor
Got out with my partner in crime today and friend Tim. Me and Jim don't get to fish together that much now, but when we do...

Big Jim got the first 2lber this year - didn't make the 2.25 so it got released. Caught it on a Baitmaster chub tye & cricket and Yo-Zuri 2lb test.

View attachment 3

View attachment 4

The rest of the morning was cookie cutter 9s and 10s. Another great day at Perris.

Attachments

• LP 06 23 12 005.jpg
    LP 06 23 12 005.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 97
  • LP 06 23 12 009.jpg
    LP 06 23 12 009.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95

fisherb

Great fish. My idea of cookie cutters around here are 6's and 7's, you're catching some really nice fish.

BGman

Finally someone got a 2! If anyone could do it, it would be LedHed or Big Jim. Congrats Jim, and way to go on releasing that toad. Maybe next time he or you (or me!) catches it, it will be 2.50!

JUNGLEJIM1

How long was that toad?? That's cool releasing one that size, that fish still has some growth left and should get bigger. I want one of those. Jim's not smiling,what does it take to get a smile ? A 3lber ?

LedHed

Sponsor
Thnx fh, qk, Bm,
Two funny Rt - you should see it in the afternoon!
The big boys go on the wall Mel.
Fm think the 2lb test helps alot with catching big BGs or Res
JJ the BG was 11.25" and thick. They are on the feed for the next spawn. You gotta get out here to get one. Jim realized that it wasn't going to make it to the wall...

Lost Pole

One day....
May beard will prob be on the better half of white by that time, but it will happen. Thx for the pics, your trips always make me smile.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Must take some practice to find those chunkies - that lake looks huge! Are the trophy BGs & REs in a certain area? Do they move around? What kind of structure attracts them?

baitmaster

Wow, what a fish. Congrats Jim! Good to see that someone is making good use of my Jigs (I wish I had more time on the water this year).
LH,
Do you know what color/pattern he was using?

LedHed

Sponsor
One day Adam....
Hj the lake isn't real big 2,500 surface acres at full pool and we haven't seen that for years. This is the highest its been since they dropped it. Its still got about another 20' to go. Theres a delay in the purposed improvement plans. Suppose to be making it bigger and re-enforcing the dam.
There are places you are not allowed to fish - they have the trophies. There are some areas that are better than others but you can probably fish anywhere on the lake and catch nice size fish. Some places get hammered. This year its the south shore - bed rapers galore. One day I watched one pontoon reset an anchor 4 times over one area that was loaded with beds.

We fish the transitional areas – either finished spawning or getting ready to spawn. Usually 12 to 21 FOW. Lots of food and hiding/ambush spots for the hungry. We fish a lot of the areas bass (green carp) guys do.

Ron - still need to try the samples you sent - haven't forgot.

bm - you will have to ask Big Jim - all I know it wasn't one of mine... All I saw was the jig head inside the mouth, fish enhaled it.

Back