Looks Interesting

Radtexan

Didnt know if everyone got to see this on the other site,but Im sure thinking about trying some of their stuff..Has anyone used it yet ???

paints_lead.jpg

http://www.fishboss.com/jig_armor.html

chill49

I have them all but I can't get mine to look like those every time but when they do they are very cool. If anyone has any info on how to get that look I sure would like to know. Getting the base coat right I think is the key

JUNGLEJIM1

I bought two colors to try and when I dipped them they came out a solid color. I didn't know a basecoat was needed,it didn't come with instructions. Going to read up on it and try again tommorrow. $8 FOR 2 oz jar is high so it better work. If it does I'll buy more.

Radtexan

I have some "vein" colors from another supplier and they require a much higher temp to get the effect.Not sure ,but maybe that will get the results ???

slipbobber

yeah you gotta use a base coat. I bought all 6 colors shown.... I also found a color thats black over copper, its awesome. ... jj1 when i cure mine i go 425 for 15min. And mine looks great.....they get really shiny like it has clear coat on it..

JUNGLEJIM1

I tried with a white and black basecoats and still didn't get the look. After dipping the heads were smoking so I had it hot enough. Does the curing bring out the colors????? I bought the orange illusion and watermellon illusion. What colors should I use for the basecoat?? Is it a color I need to order from them???

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Jim I don't have their paint but I have gold, silver, and copper veins. The way I get those to work is to reheat the jig after dipping. Seems like the more you reheat the more black comes out. It's neat paint I just don't it's much for fishing.

toadfrog

Dang I saw a paint supplier somewhere that had the stuff for like 18 ,19 bucks a pound . I Think . See if I can find it again.

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks c happy for the link,that cleared up a lot for me. Now I have to order some black silver foundation. While I'm at it I might as well order some other colors. Might get more skirt tabs,too.

JUNGLEJIM1

I ordered the foundation and the chartreuse last night. Now I have to wait for it to come in.Meanwhile,I was looking through my paints and found some silver vein powder paint and tried that with some success though it didn't come through as good as the one's in their photos. There is hope for this paint now.

Back