Looking for lure part

papaperch

Figured I would post a pic of what I am hunting for.  On the rear end of lure is the clear plastic part. Don't have a clue as to what it is called But would like to experiment with part if available somewhere. My idea is to glue on end of jig and see if I can make a swim jig. Seen somewhere on internet and cannot find now.

Anyway they were kinda expensive I thought. So I started making plans for making myself. Could not find the damn part anywhere. Anybody got ideas where I could get. Have to scroll down to see pic. Trying new hosting site as photobucket is getting crappy.

2crkc39.jpg

duffy

I think I've seen them too but can't remember where. Could you take some aluminum or brass, cut it to shape and then bend it over a piece of angle iron to get the shape for a test run? Just thought of something else you could use if you wanted plastic would be those clear corner protectors they sell at the hardware store. I know on some of the Rapala's that I have the rear fin has a pretty good downward bend to it while others, not so much. It's suppose to make them swim in circles.

hookup

Looks like the lip of a crank bait stuck on the butt of the jig

Kdog

Good Luck, I have a bunch of Jigging raps that have lost their tails. After unsuccessful attempts to get some thru Normark, have begun trying to make my own. Although I've made several prototypes, I have yet to be 100% satisfied. I am using 3mm Polycarbonate sheet, cutting, then vacuum forming, then a little trim and flame polish on the edges.

the last 2 trials went well but lure action is not quite right. Neighbors swimming poool is perfect for evaluation. If I ever get it exactly like I want it, I will put together a how to and post it. Hardest part I have found is getting the replacement oriented correctly and orientation is critical....... I made a POP jig to help and it seems to orient properly just gotta get my blanks figured out or maybe I will hit a perfect combination and have a secret weapon.

Back