Look what Jacob's come out with for this year.

snake River

I just have to share this guys Rick come out with a brand-new plastic bait with a lead head molded into the plastic you can go to his website and read more I've enclosed a picture here for you to look at.
IMG_2507__80116.1420249424.1280.1280.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea...... not sure about the thin piece attaching the tail though. It will sure let the action of the thumper tail shine, but i can see the cigar 'eyes cutting the tails off quickly if they are in a short strike mood. Maybe not, hard to tell the thickness of the connecting plastic from a pic.

What is the overall length of the body and internal jig weight?

JSC

SR -- Word of advice ... Paint the head with powder paint. The Plastisol will cause a corrosive action to occur ..

I have a few I mold in leaded hooks and if you don't paint the lead it will make a mess ..
That should catch fish ..

:)

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I was wanting longer flatter head that i could paint or foil. Then shoot shoot a transparent plastic. But im glad he came out it for sure.

snake River

AtticaFish said:
I like the idea...... not sure about the thin piece attaching the tail though. It will sure let the action of the thumper tail shine, but i can see the cigar 'eyes cutting the tails off quickly if they are in a short strike mood. Maybe not, hard to tell the thickness of the connecting plastic from a pic.

What is the overall length of the body and internal jig weight?

this is a 3 inch swing bait I like the ideal but I would like to see it and smaller size.

snake River

I believe that you can do some interesting things with that mold even if the plastic was on the clear side you can paint the heads providing that they will fit in that mold he may just have it just right to only use without any pain on the head not sure myself about that one but the ideal is interesting .

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
He made the head to fit the injection mold. Sounds like its more oval shaped to let plastic flow around the head.

LedHed

Sponsor
Great idea
excellent advice JSC - like Bob said that would bump up the possibilities with the jig..... They need to do an UL mold.
Think you could use any jig head for an insert as long as it fits JJ

I like the double magnet set up to hold the jig in place. Seen some molds that try the magnets and not work.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I thought that magnets lost their magnetic field (or whatever magical power it is that makes them work) if they were heated to extreme temps? I could be wrong.

LedHed said:
.....Seen some molds that try the magnets and not work......

edit - just looked it up on Wiki....... "Heating a magnet past its Curie temperature; the molecular motion destroys the alignment of the magnetic domains. This always removes all magnetization."
Not sure what the Curie temp actually is though.

Back