Life is good (so is steak)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Grilling up some simple marinated steaks for steak salad. Good mix of hickory coals, mesquite and basic Kingspord coals.... and some Foothills Brewing Co. Pilsner.  Can't wait for the final product.  

Attachments

• 20180628_200551.jpg
    20180628_200551.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing fancy. Actually used 2 different flavors trying to make both my kids happy. Used store bought Olive Garden Italian dressing on 2 and a mixed together teriyaki/ginger/garlic on the others. These steaks were huge and were a substitute to London Broil that Kroger was out of at the time. Maybe they don't call it London Broil though..... Flatiron steak? We had 1 whole steak and half of another left over that will be used for fajitas.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Did the family prefer one or the other marinades?

Ran out of Stubbs briquettes and since Wally no longer carries em based on online reviews decided on B & B hickory blend lump.

Dunno if they were kidding, but some reviewers of Cowboy lump mentioned nails & other metallic residue in the mix.

AllenOK

Where I work, we marinate Flank Steak (what we use for London Broil, Steak Salads, and Steak Quesadillas) in a mix of equal parts Ketchup and Honey French Salad Dressing, then add in a little Soy. You want to be careful cooking these, as the sugar will burn if you leave them over the fire to long. Flank Steak is best cooked to Medium at the most, anyway.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hawn - My kids are picky about any flavors some days, other days they eat crap i don't even like...... and i will eat just about anything. To make it worse, they will eat something one day and then change their mind next time we have the same exact meal. On that meal, i believe the Olive Garden dressing went over better than the teriyaki.

AllenOK - That sounds like a good and simple marinade to me. Will have to give that a try.

hookup

We did flank steak in Canadal

Used bargain brand Italian dressing mixed w/ Worcestershire sauce. Put the steak in a ziplock in the morning, then grilled for dinner at night

Did the same w/ chi'n another night

Back