Let's start this off proper!

quivira kid

1/32oz home-made "stinger" jig and a 12" SLAB!

169069_573669170993_77201780_33070265_6711882_n.jpg

Take two pieces of spinnerbait skirt, knot em. Cut off the tips and put that knot on the end of the tail... Tie in as your tail. Give em the "Genz wiggle" and crappie like it!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
It is an Ice 35. Oh yeah - it can pick up pretty much anything i put down through the hole. Willard Reservoir is right around 30' deep and have no problem picking up even the tiny teardrops with a maggot all the way down as long as it stays inside the transducer beam. Has 2 beam settings, 9/19 degrees. Between that, the gain and noise dials you can realy get good detail of what is under you..... and that is the low end model, can't imagine what some of the higher end flashers do.

If there are weeds under you though, all bets are off. Gets tough to pick out things and have to get the gain and noise reduction just right or the whole water column is lit up on the flasher.

quivira kid

Very simple! Couple trips and you'd be a pro. The LX-3tc has a zoom feature, too. Comes in very handy with fish holding tight to the bottom or cover. Then you can stick a jig right on their nose!
With a flasher, I can see what the fish are doing. If they're following at all, almost scared of the bait or chasing it hard, where they're suspended....

Uncle Grump

Doc

LX3 owner here - w/ the TC3 upgrade (done by Vexilar Tech Support). Don't think this is available anymore as a upgrade.

When zoom mode is used, the unit goes in to split screen mode. From 12 to 6 (right side of the screen) is a compressed version of the entire water column. From 6 to 12 (left side) is the zoom screen - either a 5 or 10 ft window.

The advantage of Marcum's zoom over Vexilars (and Vexilar's could have changed since I last looked) is that the Marcum zoom window can 'float' - it can be adjusted anywhere in the water column. The last I checked, Vexilars was fixed to the the bottom 10' or so. Great for the walleye/sauger/perch guys, but not for panfish - which can be holding anywhere in the
water column.

My biggest issue w/ zoom is having to re-aquaint myself w/ the workings of the controls the first time I use it each year....

must be getting old.....

UG

oldfox

Marcum LX3TC user here also. This will be the 5th year with no problems....and as quivira kid stated "Won't fish ice without it... " :D

Back