Let's See Some Trout Jigs

SaltyBuckster

Ok,I am going in on the 5th of September to get a new set of prosthetic legs.Hanger's Outdoorsman's Legs.I will have to get after some trout.I never thought that I would be able to trout fish again like before but this guy says yes I will.I have'nt trout fished in over 10 years because of them.I've got about a pound of 1/64,1/80 and 1/100 but just want to see what people are catching them with.I'm a Copy Cat,lol.Here's what I think will work.Show me yours.
Jigs001-1.jpg

Fatman

Salty - Here's one I've been using
100_1716.jpg
and here's an article from a really old mag about trout patterns on jigs

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thems fine looking micros, guys. But, too light for me to cast without a helper attachment, so...

Last year I found out by accident that bigger trout like bigger jigs, so this will be on the front line in WY North Platte River system starting next week. 1/12 oz.(including 3/16" solid bead) #2 Gami hook dark brown mink #1 brass prop holographic gold Flashabou. The hook is custom bent 90*-60* but there is around a 20% loss to breakage. Perfect black + glitter paint job courtesy of AtticaFish.

What size trout in what kind of environment are you targeting Salty?

View attachment 4

Attachments

• BooHU.JPG
    BooHU.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 173

SaltyBuckster

There are a few bruisers around here but,not very many.Over 2 million trout fishermen around the state.I might go up to a 1/32 with a size 8 hook if I think there might be a big brown around.But the place that will be my main target area is Poe Valley.A couple 5' streams running into it.Lots of 6" Spruce Trout.All natives with deep red meat.Can't wait to see if I can still catch them like before.

Fatman

Don't know about PA but there's been times when the fly's just haven't been working and some of the fly fishers get a bit BENT!!!! when you whip out the spinning rod with a jig or spinner!!!

SaltyBuckster

Fatman said:
Don't know about PA but there's been times when the fly's just haven't been working and some of the fly fishers get a bit BENT!!!! when you whip out the spinning rod with a jig or spinner!!!
We don't care about them kind of fishermen,lol.If they are having a bad day I will give them a couple of jigs and maybe a "00" inline spinner.

Wouldn't know for I don't fish them fly fish only streams, but I do get more than my fair share of fishing I In where those sissy fly guys won't go.

Guess the question should be how many days a year do you get on the watet.... :D

Fatman

This year 31!!!!!!!! and after 3 1/2 yrs not being able to go it was great!!!!!!!! plus I got to introduce my grand daughter to it.

Personnally I hate those stretchs!!!!!!!! Shouldn't be allowed!!!

Hawnjigs

KISS

Attachments

• microBoo.JPG
    microBoo.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 146

SaltyBuckster

Very nice jigs Hawn.I'm sure that I could use that one.I can see it sliding down a small waterfall and hitting the pool then Gulp.

StumpHunter

Bruce, I think the one in that pic was a body feather off a Ringneck Pheasant but I also tie them using hen saddle. I tried tying with Partridge but the feathers break so easy I quit tying with them for palmering necks.

Back