Let's see some jigs!

oldfox

I'll start it off... Here are a few 1/100 oz jigs I have tied for the up coming season. Most are my favorite color combo's, with a few oddballs thrown in ;)

View attachment 5

Fatman

You can keep all the hard water to yourself, this kid don't go out on the da ice no mo!!!!!!!!!!! Going through one time changes your whole outlook about waiting for spring and fishing season to start.

oldfox

You can keep all the hard water to yourself, this kid don't go out on the da ice no mo!!!!!!!!!!! Going through one time changes your whole outlook about waiting for spring and fishing season to start.

I'm 73 Fatman, and have never taken "the plunge", but I can see your point...I don't walk on any ice until it supports my 4 wheeler and me ;) I just don't like not fishing for 5 months....gonna do it as long as I can :D

toadfrog

In my part of the country the folks that do serious fishing to feed a bunch of kids . Use that style jig and most of the colors . Those are good jigs . Bet you a cup of coffee you drag some fish in .

SaltyBuckster

Since every perch that has been caught by me this year was full of crawfish or baby bluegills,this is going to be my go to,I think,lol.I have baby crappies made and now starting on the gills.That is if my FRIEND can find his molds for some smaller ones,RonDon.lol

Attachments

• DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 91

papaperch

Old fox - those will put the fish on the ice. i can't see any panfish passing those up.

Salty- aka AZ slabber- the big three in panfish gills, yellow perch and crappie, all feed on each others y.o.y fingerlings. ( young of the Year ). Have caught crappie just full of little perch and vice versa. In fact all three will eat their own kind. My personal best bluegill was caught on another bluegill while trying for a bass.

Jig Man

Agreed papa, my best crappie was caught on a copper nose blue gill about an inch and a half long....

oldfox

A couple more ice jigs. Thought I'd try some with blue...a new color for me...

Jig head -1/100 Dragonfly
Body - Black Pearl
Tail - Blue bunny

View attachment 1

toadfrog

Blue is always in my box . I tie several combo's in blue . It is one of the colors seen farthest under water . No doubt in my mind those will do the trick .

StumpHunter

All of the jigs look nice. I have a few jigs I use with a light blue head and at times they are the best jigs in the box. I make sure that I alway have enough for each day on the lake.

Lost Pole

Wish the quote feature was working....RUSSSSSS!

That last batch of jigs, mr Jerry, are bbbbbbeeeauties. I have to make sime big guys like that.

Awesome work.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Love the rabbit on those tiny jigs! Lots of easy movement. Colors look good too, like the brighter colors through the ice.

Adam - Quote fix is (hopefully) on the way. New update to the forum software just came out last week.... hope to update over the weekend and fingers crossed that it will 're-set' whatever the he!! went wrong.

Back