Let the powder coated jigs start up!

fishindad

Just finished the fluid bed today. Works like a champ. Now for a few more colors and to start tying. This is what happens when this wind and rain keeps me home when I should be fishing.

y6yjyvun.jpg

u9eja8a5.jpg

Kdog

Hint, there is a drip tray that goes above your heating elements keep it in the oven.

fishindad

Will do! Thinking about it.... i should of done that.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Your are in for it now. I enjoy painting nearly a much as tying these days. Larger head sizes also offer more color options. ;)

My advice (or at least the way i do it) is to heat the toaster oven up SLOOOOOOWLLLLYYYY when you put jigs in and turn it on. It takes a while to heat larger heads completely. Keep the temp UNDER your target temp for a while to allow the lead to heat completely. Little 1/64's may not matter, but bigger sizes simply take longer to heat the lead through the whole head. If you jack the temp up and leave it there........ the head will get TOO hot, over shoot the optimal temp, and stay there for a while since the oven stays hot. If it gets too hot too fast, your paint may tend to run/slide/drip around on the jig head and cause aggravation.

LostPole....... WHAT the HECK are you trying to say?? I have done multiple dictionary searches and none have turned up anything even close to your word. What the heck are you trying to say........????? Help a Yankee out. :D

Lost Pole said:
Ploppedjiil

Back