Lead pot safety

baitmaster

Alright....JungleJims post made me nervous:-/. I recently moved a Lee 10 pound bottom pour melting pot from a controlled industrial environment to my home garage. Should I worry about moisture in the pot do to condensation. If so does anyone do anything to address this?

JUNGLEJIM1

Moisture in any form is a concern,including sweat. I think it depends on where you live as for the condensation.If it gets cold it could occur or humid climates.Just be safe and if there is any doubt then you shouldn't do it. It certainly changed my way of thinking in the future.

cadman

It's always good to be cautious and pay attention on what is going on around you every time you pour. I keep my (2) Lee IV pots in my garage. In Winter some days it's 40 degrees in their and other days it's 60. Then Spring comes along and it's 60 plus. I never heat my garage and I have never had a problem with moisture or condensation. You have to remember also as the pot heats up any moisture that is there will burn off. The thing you don't want to do is put wet lead in a fully hot pot. That is where the problem arises. However always take precaution and pour carefully. Just my take on it.

baitmaster

Thanks everyone. I think I will still invest in a new face shield and a leather welding smock.

Back