Lead Free Jig Heads

meltleadalot2693

You need to type the number on the numpad. The part with the numbers on the side. Then type 248 while holding the alt button, result ° or you can also type 0176, result ° while holding alt.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Alt+248 takes me back one page.
Alt+0176 goes forward to my mailbox.
I'm running XP SP3 - maybe my older IE doesn't support those shortcuts?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
All-righty - have to make a slight adjustment! :blush: I baked the powder at 250° / 25 mins. for the first set of these jigs that i took a picture of....................... and that time/temp leaves the clear outer finish brittle!!! Drop test seemed to come out good but i tied a few today and used a razor to trim up against the head and had some crack lines show. :mad: :mad: :mad: The blunt 'drop test' left them wih just a dent and very little flaking but a sharp object cracked them. :dodgy:

After reading some of the recent posts on here about how to paint Lead Free bismuth heads i put them back in the oven and took a closer watch on them as the cooked........

315° for 20 mins. They came out VERY SOLID and not chipping at all this time and up to my satisfaction. Not sure why they would chip under a knife blade but not to a drop test....... either way i will try both tests from now on.

315° for 20 mins

315° for 20 mins

Fatman

Attica

Are the heads the one's that come from Hawn??? Trying to make sure if they're the mix that he makes or what you'rs are!!

Thinking I might have to buy some in case I go to New Hampshire with my nephew fishing.

RJD

I received an order today of 1/32 plain ball #8 Mustad 2x and 1/24 plain ball #8 Sickle BLC. Fast delivery and exceptional quality products.

Ron

Back