Large Whip Finishing Tool (Wanted)

SaltyBuckster

I'll tell ya what,right up front !!That little,tiny,punie,small,midget,dwarf looking whip finisher that Crazy Angler sells can go DIRECTLY in the garbage as far as I'm concerned.lol.I have tried to use so far 3 times in a year.Every time made me this pissed.If it was twice as big,Maybe.All the videos that I have watched make it look pretty simple.They don't have no puny,little dwarf sized whip finishing tools in thier hands.I want to trade up to a "Big Boy" one.Whomever can find me a big one I'll mail this one to you for a "Gag Gift"Help Please !!!

Attachments

• DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 95

chill49

azslabber said:
I'll tell ya what,right up front !!That little,tiny,punie,small,midget,dwarf looking whip finisher that Crazy Angler sells can go DIRECTLY in the garbage as far as I'm concerned.lol.I have tried to use so far 3 times in a year.Every time made me this pissed.If it was twice as big,Maybe.All the videos that I have watched make it look pretty simple.They don't have no puny,little dwarf sized whip finishing tools in thier hands.I want to trade up to a "Big Boy" one.Whomever can find me a big one I'll mail this one to you for a "Gag Gift"Help Please !!!

bite the bullet and buy a Materelli makes all the difference

SaltyBuckster

I'm going up to a flytying shop this week to check them out.I would like to know how long a regular,large one is.I found on online for $7.99.Shipping is probably another $5.00.I'll see what one is at the store,maybe get some other cool stuff,lol.

SaltyBuckster

crappiehappy,I have watched at least 15 differant videos on how to use them,lol.This thing was just too,too tiny for my hands to do it correctly.Thanks everyone.

hhawkins

Hey Az.....cool down my friend, WOW! O.K. we carry the big and medium whip finishers at my job (BPS) and I know of a fly shop not to far from where I live about an hour that also carries Large, Medium and the small that you don't like. I can find out for you how much they are at work for you if you would like. I do have all 3 sizes and happy to have them. I use the large for all the bigger heads and odd heads, my medium for most all my other ties even my fly tyes, sometime that bitty whip finisher just don't cut the mustard. But it does get used too. Let me know if I can be any help.

jjsjigs

Banned
Just whip finish your stuff with your hand!! Do you know how to whip finish without a tool? That's the best way to do it is without a tool. One less thing to complicate your tying...

SaltyBuckster

Thank you very much for that picture setup.I just made my first "GOOD" whip finish knot by hand.It was just too easy to follow through.I make mostly big jigs for saltwater and doing a small 1/2 oz. one just now made me feel mighty good.Thank you !! I put it in my favorites to have it if needed again.

SaltyBuckster

jjsjigs said:
Once you master the hand whip finish... you will never pick up the tool again. I haven't touched mine in years.

By George,I got it.Very nice.I've taken a pic of the first one and what a differance.Now the thread body can hold some Gulp Alive Juice instead of clear nail polish.I think the stink of the nail polish cost me lots of fish.

StumpHunter

I guess my fingers are to big. Never can get the thread off my fingers. I had one hand tied up for a week trying to whip a fly. I use a whip finisher, three different ones.

Back