Lake Progression

duffy

Just thought I'd post some updated progression pics of our local lake filling. Someone said that they had seen a fish jump one day while they were out on a kayak and we figured that some would wash down from the other lakes. Also saw a mess of tadpoles at the end of the boat ramp and the bird population has really increased along with the friggin mosquitoes! the pics are on 5/07, 5/18/ and 5/25

View attachment 9

View attachment 1

Attachments

• Pacific 5-07-17.jpg
    Pacific 5-07-17.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Pacific 5-18-17.jpg
    Pacific 5-18-17.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Pacific 5-25-17.jpg
    Pacific 5-25-17.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 41

Hawnjigs

KISS
Looks like a big beautiful lake, albeit shallow. It appears the entire food chain needs to rebuild, including skeeter eaters. Any gubmint assistance available?

duffy

It's 122 acres and I'm guessing there's area's 20+ feet deep. It's managed by the BLM so of course they'll want to plant a mess of trout in there when it stabilizes.  :dodgy:    About 98% of the locals would want perch, bass and crappie but WDFW is determined to turn every pond of water around here into a trout fishery no matter if they survive or not.  Job security at it's best!

hookup

I hear the same thing w/ PA Duffy - trout's the king

duffy

Had a write up in our local paper and just as predicted, the WDFW planted around 10K trout last week in the 9-10" range.  Really makes me wonder where all the $$ went for the "warm water enhancement" fee that they used to charge us on our license's. Was suppose to go for spiny ray enhancement and planting in these lakes. :dodgy: I guess when the bass move in from up above they'll have something to eat now. :D

Back