Lack of material

Youth Fisher

I ordered some goodies from, nimrods tackle and jannsnetcraft. I didn't mean to order 2 things of flashbou but oh well. Any ideas on good ways to put it on jigs? Anyways I ordered a 1/4 pound hareline strung saltwater neck hackle from nimrods tackle. And it wasn't in the package, do you think I could email him and possibly get it. It says on my order receipt that I paid for it.

CrappieHappy

I would definitely call, and say it was not in the package. take a picture of the contents, and email them as well. could they possibly have put 2 packages of flashabou, instead of hackle?

hookup

Mix the flashaboo with everything to add sparkle.

Also if you dress trebles, flashaboo's nice

Jay Wirth

When tying bucktails for larger fish (walleye & pike) a half dozen pieces of flashaboo between the two colors is the way to go.

Pup

Youth Fisher said:
Anyways I ordered a 1/4 pound hareline strung saltwater neck hackle from nimrods tackle. And it wasn't in the package, do you think I could email him and possibly get it. It says on my order receipt that I paid for it.

This is the crux of the matter to me. My answer is yes. They did not fulfill your order. You should contact them and, diplomatically, let them know of this omission from your order. Let your Dad know too. A Dad can, and should always, be of great help in these situations. ;)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes - Let them know that it was missing! Also check the packing list and make sure it is not listed as back ordered. Some companies will back order items that they are out of stock and then ship to you once they get it back in stock. Just be careful, some places may try to sneak in additional shipping charges since they have to ship twice.

I also agree that if you have any trouble at all with their customer service, see if an adult can help you out.

As for the flash, i do add it in here and there on a lot of baitfish looking tied jigs. Recently, have been tying it to the shank as the first step and leaving it just a little longer out the back than whatever other tail material used. Gives your tails a flash center.

Youth Fisher

He said they were out of stock. So he got me a refund. Kind of crummy that he didn't tell me that but oh well

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Youth Fisher said:
......Kind of crummy that he didn't tell me that but oh well

You are correct that it is crummy! He was not going to tell you because he was going to make out on the deal not refund you if you never noticed. Deals like that go as a strike in my book and help make my decision about where i order from next time.

Kdog

AtticaFish said:
Yes - Let them know that it was missing! Also check the packing list and make sure it is not listed as back ordered. Some companies will back order items that they are out of stock and then ship to you once they get it back in stock. Just be careful, some places may try to sneak in additional shipping charges since they have to ship twice.

I also agree that if you have any trouble at all with their customer service, see if an adult can help you out.

As for the flash, i do add it in here and there on a lot of baitfish looking tied jigs. Recently, have been tying it to the shank as the first step and leaving it just a little longer out the back than whatever other tail material used. Gives your tails a flash center.

X2 but check to make sure they show it as shipped before calling and if it did get backordered, do not forget about it.

Back