Krystal Flash

Jig Man

Adding flash to the tail. You can also wrap it with your thread and add more flash to your body...

SaltyBuckster

I did a test on the ocean,well in the bay during fluke season this summer.A bucktail with pearl flash,which I use out fished a plain one of the same exact colors 4 to 1.

Shoemoo

It's also kind of expensive as materials go. One pack is like $4. You can make it stretch further by doubling the strands. Cut the strand in half, tie it on the jig at the middle point, wrap over it a few times with the thread, then fold it over so all the ends point backward and finish wrapping. I think this method makes it harder for the pieces to pull out than just tying straight pieces.

crappiecripplerjigs

Have a look at www.flytyersdungeon.com . They make everything themselves. Cheapest around for many types of flash. Nearly identical Krystal Flash, Flashabou, and much more. As low as $1 for the stuff and you get twice as much. Have a look. Works and looks great. I use many of their items.

BucktailJiger

I did buy some flashabou ,well won the auction 45 cents a bundle , got 6 bundles with 300 strands 18" . Did I do good ? Sure is purty !

BucktailJiger

Soon as I get the all the stuff I ordered , and figure out how to post pictures . Computers and me don't play well together ! LOL !

BucktailJiger

It was 2.10 for shipping . Cheaper than the fuel for the round trip 2 hr drive to the big city .

Fatman

Yeah the Dungeon has some great materials but check on shipping times. When he starts doing the christmas package box specials he gets behind a little.

jjsjigs

Banned
Totally scored some awesome Krystal Flash... Christmas Tinsel that was 50% off. It is the SAME exactly crap I buy at a flyshop (with the 500% mark-up). I have enough to last me 20 years now.
2005-01-1723-02-32_0008-1.jpg

CrappieHappy

wow JJ, i have never seen tinsel like that in these neck of the woods, i would have bought em too.

What brand is it, i can make out the holiday, but not whats under it....

Back