Knight-Fighting Course 101

papaperch

DSC00417.jpg

For those of you who have expressed interest in night fishing. This is why I like a nice bright light. Minnows got so thick before night was over it was ridiculous. Although minnows were there by the thousands the fish were reluctant that night. Only 10 crappie 7 catfish 1 white bass and 8 walleye. Out of that mess kept one walleye and 3 crappie. Everything else went back in to grow some.

That particular light is a crappie magnet light.

Radtexan

If you light it,they will come !!!

I tried to find a pic from last summer,we had shad so thick,you coulda walked on the water...Ill post it if I ever find it.

StumpHunter

Good pic of the light and minnows. I use a green light too. At times I will use a white light if I'm pulling in to many bait fish. Love the night fishing.

wtex

It can be the easy way out. With some good results. Just set up in the right area and bring them to you. In Texas it is good in the summer because , it a least cools down in the 80's by midnight most nights.

Iowabucks

Not trying to hijack the post but i want to post some pics of the underwater lights i built last year. Only had a chance to use them once this year. Fishing was slow that day and night but we did have hundreds if not thousands of 1" baitfish in the lights. We tried another evening and really got on to the crappies and was looking forward to the night when some real nasty storms blew in right before dark and flooded and muddied up the place.
I found a thread on another website and built a couple underwater green flourecent fishing lights myself. Real easy to do. All there is to them is some clear PVC, regular PVC, a 12v ballast, and wires and clamps. They use 2 foot green bulbs but put out a ton of light. Very easy on batteries too. They cost about $80 apiece, even bought a couple level cases for them, they fit perfectly.
Now just waiting for all the rain around here to quit, waters to go down and clear up.
View attachment 5
View attachment 6
View attachment 7

Attachments

• DSC04913 (Small).JPG
    DSC04913 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04919 (Small).JPG
    DSC04919 (Small).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04920 (Small).JPG
    DSC04920 (Small).JPG