just a little venting

Bigdadyrods

I love this rant!!!

People feel that since those jigs are in Cabelas, it's the best since sliced bread! I got a Cabelas 20 minutes from me and when the workers see me inside, they joke that I'm going to the cave to buy my rod blanks.
Gotta admit that is the first place I go. I've run across some great deals in there for blanks. Some people are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I have a love/hate deal with them. they kill me--as does any of the big box mart stores but I've purchased some real good deals in the cave on some used items. Last reel I bought was from back there. Seems the guy took the spool off of a fly reel and turned a washer backwards when putting it together. A simple flip of the washer got me a reel and saved---$90.

My biggest complaint is with the marketing of some companies. This is what kills you. If you paint a rod hot red or orange, or yellow or what is it today---white and put a new bass fishermens name on the side---it will catch fish like nothing ever seen!!!
I tell people that my rods are guaranteed to catch fish. I guarantee it!!! It may take a while but the odds are that you will sooner or later......

The best line I heard here is --can't fix stupid.

Great rant.

Big D

Back