Jigs for floating the creeks

crappiecripplerjigs

View attachment 1
Getting ready for an 8 hour float trip with classmates for our 20 year reunion. A few of the fellas have decided to hold a little fishing derby along the way. Can't go wrong with spinners in the clear cold creek!

Attachments

• riverjigs 005.jpg
    riverjigs 005.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 141

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those will catch em'! My first pick would be the upper left silver. :cool:

Are there smallmouth/rock bass in this creek? If so, be sure to take along some all white and all black with just a little flash, they will save the day if the bite is off. ;) And make a bunch to take along... floating by you may not have time to free snags.

crappiecripplerjigs

Thanks guys. We'll be on the Niangua River in Missouri. Loaded with bass and goggle eye and several trout as well. All white with some flash is a great idea for this cold water. I usually have a hard time going Plain Jane with all of the colors there are to choose from, but I am going to try!! Led these are all 1/16 oz. #4 hooks and blades are #0 with a small #00 middle right. Will make a few 1/32 oz as well.

StumpHunter

All good jigs. Good luck with the fishing. That has to be fun getting together with your classmates for a 20 year reunion float trip. Hope all of you have a great time.

ScottV

I hope y'all have some money bet on the fishing derby. You're fixin to get richer! I love those belly spinners. You should tear them up with a small ultra-lite spinning rod.

moswampy

you are headed to the Niangua with the rivers you have available to you closer:huh: LOL

Those jigs look great you should rake them in.

crappiecripplerjigs

I would have chosen Indian Creek around Noel, but decided to go with the flow. Not looking forward to driving 1 1/2 hours to float! What do you recommend for this weekend? I'm on vacation next week and looking for some good wade fishing!

Back