Jigging Indiana This Spring

Pup

The jigs pictured below have been my best producers for white crappie so far this spring.

ogjig002.jpg

Tied with craft fur to imitate the well-known Falls Bait Co. Jig-N-Minnow, a soft plastic, these have a simple combination of silverish-gray and orange colors on their 1/16-oz. ball heads with #4 hooks. The reservoir I fish has had good clarity considering we've had so much rain recently. These work well under this condition.

My friend and I caught over a hundred fish in about 4.5 hours of fishing Eagle Creek Reservoir in West Indy on last Thursday. A wave of crappie are in close, as I managed to catch about 25 from shore late yesterday PM.

I would post pictures of some of my fish if they weren't so dinky when compared to those caught south and west of us. :-/ ;)

Jig Man

I really like the jigs and congrats on the catch. I used to fish a private lake that was over stocked with crappie, they were all small. We kept everthing we caught for several years, and then they started getting larger... I guess they had more to eat. Anyway I got pretty good at cleaning those small fish and they were great eating.

Pup

Thank you for your comments Guys. :)

I'd have to say that this is my confidence jig for crappie. I use this one in shallow waters more than any other.

Hopefully, I can catch a larger fish to post a picture of soon. :blush:

Back