Jig Transport

New River Rat

I am curious as to everyone's methods of toting jigs from home to fishing spot. I can't seem to find a decent solution available, so I'm asking you. Not that there isn't a viable method, it's just that I can't find one. I'm at work right now, so I can't take a pic of my box. I will post one later. I took a Falcon spinner/buzz box, removed the dividers, and replaced with foam. I insert the hook point into the foam, and the jigs stay reasonably well, but I need to know if there is a better solution that I'm missing..... :huh:

Kdog

Foam is a good solution. Bank fishing or boat fishing. For boat use, I made a wooden rack that holds 10 rows of jigs ~40 per row. Used rubber tubing just above the wooden cross dowel to keep jigs from sliding/bouncing off. Would get a pic except boat is 50 miles away in storage.

hookup

Two small waterproof plano boxes holds a day's supply of jigs when fishing from a kayak

They open boxes at end of day to dry out (they ain't that waterproof) and restock in the morning for the next day's fishing

Jig Man

Two boxs that I use. The small one from Cabelas, I use this one when walking the bank. The larger from Bears Den, I use this one when fishing from the boat...

View attachment 9

Attachments

• IMG_0749 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0749 (800x600).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 67

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Mine tend to get messy mid to late in the season and i need to clean everything out. I use foam slices (approx. 1.5" x 6") that i stick the hooks into to line them all up then put them in plano boxes. It works great for smaller ice jigs and panfish jigs. My bigger bass and walleye jig box pretty much always needs sorted and cleaned out and all their hair brushed.

Back