Jig Swaps

Kdog

Ive  noticed a trend on all sites of poor participation in jig swaps so started wondering why. At one time, I was participating in 3- 5 swaps on various sites and  almost always 10 - 15 tyers and a few times even more. The swaps here in recent history have been lucky to get 6 participants and the last one dropped to 3.

Anyone have any ideas? Or has the whole swapping idea gone by the wayside.

In no particular order, here are some things I think may be going on.

Life has gotten in the way.
Burned out.
Have more jigs than I'll ever use.
Take to long
Not long enough
Want to participate just dont want to host.
Dont fish anymore.

Anyone have ideas of how to get the ball rolling again

JUNGLEJIM1

I myself have a drawer full of swap jigs and honestly have only used a couple from other tyers . I'd rather use my own creations because I love catching fish on the ties that I made. I'd participate and my set can be donated to a charity of the hosts choice.

Jay Wirth

I enjoy the swaps and never use the jigs. I add name and date and enjoy looking back over the different styles and techniques. I cannot confirm or deny copying patterns that I think are pretty impressive to use in my home waters.

Pup

To me, though quite enjoyable early on (crappie.com and here), I really don't enjoy tying multiples of the same pattern in most instances.  For that, I burned out on swaps relatively quickly.

I do enjoy seeing what others make and can do that satisfactorily by viewing web images.

It seems, to me, that a small number of swap veterans participate in the swaps routinely.  Not a bad thing at all, but perhaps if several 'newer-to-site' tiers would participate, that might generate some additional interest.  Creativity makes a big difference to me.  I'm not real keen on swapping for patterns/styles that I've likely tied previously.  How to generate all of this?  Gosh, I wish I knew...

AllenOK

My current work schedule keeps me rather busy. What's worse, my shift is smack-dab in the middle of the day. Not much time in the morning to do anything, not much time at night, nor am I really interested in doing anything in the evening other than rest/recuperate for an hour or so, then it's off to bed.....

duffy

I thought of participating but felt being new to tying my skills didn't produce the best ties yet. Thought I'd get in a little more practice but haven't found much time to do that lately let alone try and do any fishing. Wish I was a irresponsible teenager again.

hookup

I'll continue to participate in jig craft swaps but have no desire to move to swaps on other boards

Yet

Back