JIG SWAP #27 "FnF" Swap Officially Closed

QPassage

Swap Time my Friends!
How a Swap Works
http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/showthread.php?tid=161
Let’s try something a little different on the swap this time and try a Float n Fly swap.
To those that do not know just what Float n Fly is about, it’s all about catching BIG smallies in the winter time. Using a FnF rod or a crappie rod will work. Crappie rods were actually used in the beginning days of this technique. Basically FnF is using a special design bobber to suspend a jig on points, rocky cliffs or over weed beds in the winter to catch big bass. We play with the FnF here in KY mostly at Dale Hollow Lake. However I do know of a few that do this throughout the Mid-West.
Follow this link for getting a quick schooling lesson in FnF fishing.
http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/float-n-fly.html
Now the really cool part of FnF you ONLY use a 1/16 oz jig heads. Therefore you crappie boys should be interested as the same jig can be used for crappie fishing. I sell lots of FnF jigs and I can tell ya at least ½ buying are crappie fishermen/women.
It’s all about the suspension and weight combo for FnF fishing. I use a number of different materials deer, fake fur, Krystal Flash and duck. But always use a thread neck on the jig. The jig while suspended is in a pointed down somewhat pose which drive the smallies crazy. Using a thread neck you can decided if you want a collar jig or not it really doesn’t matter.
So that’s about it on FnF info for ya.
Now FnF season here in KY started about a week ago and if the weather holds should be good thru mid Jan if we are lucky. My first and probably only trip will be the day after Christmas this year. So I would really like to see this Swap be over and complete by Christmas so I can test your jigs out. :D
Lets git r done by Dec 22. If I have all the jigs here by then I will ship them back to you on Dec 23.
So Sign up starts NOW!!!

1. QPassage
2. Kdog
3. ACAMS
4. JUNGLEJIM1
5. earthworm77
6. AtticaFish
7. chill49

Jigs do to me by Dec 22 that give you a week to tie yours and get them in the mail.
Jigs back in the mail to you on Dec 23rd
I know it’s kinda a short swap but they are just thread necks and they tie really fast.
Remember
JIGS must be 1/16 oz and a thread neck!

Here are a few pics of some of my FnF jigs to help with ideas.
Thanks Bo

RedneckTwerker1.jpg

BassTactic1.jpg

SilverAmethyst1.jpg

OleRed1.jpg

BassAssassin1.jpg

BlueBoy1.jpg

Kdog

Count me in. Been thinking about this all afternoon. Think I am gonna cast some 1/16oz darts in the weight forward position and use those for a FnF

JUNGLEJIM1

OK, I'll do this one. Really liked the article. I've tied them several ways and all have caught fish. Probably my all time favorite jig.

QPassage

Just an FYI.
If you are new to FnF or have never tried it, this is a prime time to get involved.
When I mail all your jigs back out I will be including a Float n Fly kit. It will pretty much have you ready to grab you rod and reel, take you jigs, and hit the wintertime water.

Kdog

Been playing around a bit. Please advise as to FnF compatibility
Jig 1 Varigated B/W craft fur, Chartreuse Synthetic fur, White wool, Silver Flash
View attachment 7

Jig2 White Wool, Red Flash
View attachment 8

Attachments

• fnf1.jpg
    fnf1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 174
  • fnf2.jpg
    fnf2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 174

QPassage

Those look good to me. I usually use a #2 or #1 hook and almost always tie the hair in a little long "3/4 inch past the back side of the hook" as it can always be shortened. Occasionally we will get short hits where they bite before the hook. We just trim them and send them back out. White and red are good colors.

ACAMS

WELL DARN!!!!!!

Got my new supplies in, including my custom jig heads made just for this, and have changed my mind on color and style 3 times already.

I am pretty sure it will be buck tail now, but will probably change 3 or 4 more times before I finally decide!

I got LOTS of new feathers ... a whole Walmart bag stuffed to the max, but also got some buck tail in another pack!

I have caught a few Smallies, but have never FnF fished ..... hope it turns out OK!

QPassage

I'm going to extend the sign up till mid night on Tuesday 12/16/2014. I had a death in the family and will be out of town until then. This is a great learning curve swap to get in on, especially if you haven't done Float N Fly and have an interest. Float n Fly is all about catching BIG bass in the winter.
Thanks Bo

QPassage

Swap Sign UP officially closed. I have sent everyone a private message so if you didn't get one please let me know.
Thanks Bo

Back