Jig Swap #25 Signups closed and pics here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepop

Kdog said:
Guys,
I'm extending sign ups a few days as my wifes father passed away yesterday and I have additional obligations to fulfill. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by Friday, 10-3-14,

Sorry to plan a delay but I am sure you will all understand.

Kdog, my deepest condolences for the loss of your father in-law. Having lost my mother in-law earlier this year, I know what your wife must be going through. Your comfort & strength will be her refuge. Hang close to her bud.

Kdog

Pepop.
Thank you. Both of my parents have passed and I know the importance of being there. My wife was by my side through both of their passings and I am there for her. Yesterday was the service and burial and all are doing better than I expected but.... I feel some breakdowns are imminent so need to stay close. Wife is currently taking a shower so I have a bit of time before another 63.6 mile drive. Oh yeah and adding insult to injury, my in-laws water heater failed and this afternoon, I need to replace it. Sunday, when it failed, I was able to get it working again by replacing the burner assy but noticed dampness on the outside of the tank so its close to realling failing and there are still a few guys around to help move the old out and the new in. Case in point, my nephew is picking up the water new heater this AM and promised it will be there before noon. My tools are in the car along with everything I can think of to replace a water heater including towels, a hose for draining, a rubber sleve just in case I cannot connect to the drain. multiple fittings and assorted pipe nipples.

Doing what I can but simply being there is probably the most important.

Pepop

Kurt, it sounds like you've got things well in hand and it'd be my guess that knowing you've stepped up and are "gettin things done" allows your wife to deal with her loss without having to worry about anything else. I'm sure that alone gives her peace and If a "breakdown" does come, you being there, steadfast, will mean everything to her. Don't give this swap another thought until you feel your attention can be "spread" around again.

Kdog

Kdog said:
Signups are now closed. Life is back in order, Funeral was yesterday and burial at a National Military Cemetary was a fitting send off for a great man, husband and father, father-in-law, grandfather and great grandfather.

I have sent PM's to all participants with my mailing address. If you havent received PM me and I'll send it to you. NOTE 10-15-14 is the date

I may be pushing the limits here, but I want to get the ball rolling on the next Jig swap. Plenty of time though. I usually tie 30 or so for every swap so if we dont get more than 15, I'll be sending 2 jigs per pack. :D

Time to sign up for another jig swap everyone! Theme something/somewhere white.

Rules :jig:

Jigs should be 1/16 and under
Any material can be used. The Jig must have some white! Does not need to be all white but there needs to be some white somewhere.

Signup is through September 30. Jigs can be sent in through October 15.

We will start with 15 spots, but this will be raised if necessary.
1. Kdog

2. Jay Wirth
3. QPassage
4. PanfishHunter
5. SlabHappy
6. MoSwampy
7. Chill49
8. AtticaFish
9. PePop - Received

Jigs are trickling in <VBG>:D

Kdog

Not trying to rush anyone. We have 9 days to get things wrapped up. I am hosting a swap on another site as well and woulnt you know it, someone is late, hopefully their jigs will arrive today as I hate the thought of getting jigs mixed up.

Kdog

Panfishhunter feel free to do so. Just make it clear whats what

Qpassage, looking forward to them

Atticafish, unless the walleye bite is strong, there should be no problems tying 9 jiggy things. Heck, set up a tying bench in your retail area and do some market research... maybe a new bait shop in town!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got them all tagged and found a box i could use. Brought them to work today with every intention of shipping them. Then realized i didn't pack any goodies for the host. Tied a piece of yarn to my finger....... they WILL ship tomorrow. :D

Kdog

Good to Hear! 4 received and 5 to go. 1 day left and I'm hoping to see a full mailbox this afternoon. But I know better than to hold my breath!

Kdog

Lets hope USPS does not drag their feet.
Looks like everyone has there jigs on the way except for Jay and I'm a thinking he probably sent them as well.

PanfishHunter

Heads up guys, When writing on the inside envelope, don't write ya'lls address on the shipping address. I had to rewrite on there. They said that the packages could be stopped midway through.

Kdog

With todays mail. 3 more to go. Sorry I dont have great photos as the pics are not doing justice to the Jigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back