Jig Patterns - Inspiration

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
RAINBOW HEAD CUSTOM

page: http://www.thefishingsupplycompany.com/Rainbow-Head-Custom-Ice-Fishing-Jig-14oz_p_162.html

matzuo_white_custom-jig_3.jpg

hookup

Dang, I'd need to quit work to have enough time on the water to learn how to fish all those jigs.

Nice post, thx for sharing.

Pup

Very cool AF. Thanks for posting.

I seldom look at other works beyond this site. Cool stuff you've found.

Muskygary

In that first pattern is that hellgrammite body made out of felt? Went to his site and their pretty pricey! Might try to find some felt to make my own body patterns. Anyone tried something like this?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Possibly make them out of thin leather or sued material? Could have swore i have seen something similar for sale...... can not find it now though of course. Back in the 80's, there was a material called Dri-Rind that would have worked perfect. Used to have a bunch of them in trailer shapes, but seem to have lost them over the years.

Muskygary

OK, I found Rainey's evazote foam that looks like it will work. The foam floats, so it should hold the tail up on a jig! Worth a try!

hookup

AtticaFish said:
Possibly make them out of thin leather or sued material? Could have swore i have seen something similar

Yakfish use to make strap jigs for river smallies and I think it was Pup that made grubs from a thin strap of leather

Pup

If floatation of a thin leather tail section is desired, craft foam (think of foam rubber spiders here) could be glued to its underside using a fabric cement like Beacon Fabri-Tac. As a matter of fact, I've considered doing this for quite some time. May do so soon now that I've revisited this idea.

jackie53

WOW. The Dry rind we used as trailers for our Arkie jig's In our Bass Tour Days. I think was made form pork skin.Will see if we still have some left.

Back