Jig/Fly turner?

creekychub

I'm curious if anyone uses electric turners to dry their jigs/lures? :huh: I've been looking into purchasing one specifically made for this purpose but they seemed a bit overpriced to me. They look easy enough to make at home with a low, < 10 rpm motor. I was wondering if anyone has made their own turner and has any tips? or if I should just bite the bullet and order a ready made turner.

toadfrog

Turn table motors out of microwaves work, also The George Foreman ovens have a turner in them .

Bucho

I am not satisfied with the output of a wheel like that, so currently I´m working on a first-in-first-out system based on a 12€ disco-ball motor that I screwed to the wall. When ready, it should allow me to plug alligator clamps (with jigs on them) in and out of numerized slots. This way I can make use of a fast drying epoxy from a self-mixing tube for an infinitive lot of jigs without any waste. Will post on the "lure carousell" thread when done.

15075564vt.jpg

15075565ks.jpg

15075566sp.jpg

crappiecripplerjigs

I made a crude light wire form and secured it to a record player once. 33rpm is a little fast but it's a start. Was a lame attempt at an epoxy dryer.

Back