JC WTX GTG

Radtexan

In just over 12 hours the first ever,Jig Craft West Texas Get ToGether will begin..

Heath,Mel,Robert(WTex) and myself are scheduled for a weekend of fishing,drinking,eating,card playing,jig tying,story tellin ,although maybe not in that exact order :)

As my usual luck prevails,it hasnt rained here in 3 months,and guess what,its rainning right now with a chance of some over the weekend,with some slight winter weather in the forcast for Sunday AM..

Hope to have lots of good pic's,and catches to share,but really looking forward to meeting the bunch..

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet!!! Hope you get decent weather. I'm sure the B.S. will fly regardless but it may get really deep if you don't get much time on the water. :) Good luck and be safe all!

crappiecripplerjigs

CrappieHappie you already broke a rule. Never, ever, ever, ever admit that you're no good at cards. Those boys will have their way with you now!! Better leave your folding money at home but take a bucket of change.

Radtexan

Man you guy's missed a trip......When we planned this earlier in the week temps were to be near 70 on Sat,high 60's on Sun,with a decent day for Friday...What a difference a couple days make out here..

Ill give ya a little taste with a pic from Day 3 to show what you missed ;)

View attachment 5

Im further north than the others,and the precipt was forecast to hit here early Sun AM,so as bad as I hated to, I had to bail on them and head back late yesterday..Sure glad I did as it started to ice and sleet before 8 am today.

Wish I had some fishing reports for ya,but with temps in the 20's and winds in the 30's yesterday,the boat never even got unwrapped..We tried a couple of spots with bank access and the only barge on the water,but would have been better served still drinking coffee and tying jigs back at the cabin..

We knew before we left, fishing probably wasnt going to be the main focus of this trip with the weather,but it was still one of the better times Ive had at the lake,just getting to know the other guys..Nice to have finally meat ya Mel and Heath !!!!

I did get a couple of action pics for yall though.

JigmanView attachment 6

HappyView attachment 7

wtexView attachment 8

Mel did have the only fish pic for ya.View attachment 9

Enjoyed it guys,,,hopefully we have some better weather next time.

Attachments

• DSCN2604.JPG
    DSCN2604.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2602.JPG
    DSCN2602.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2600.JPG
    DSCN2600.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2601.JPG
    DSCN2601.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 0211121411.jpg
    0211121411.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 69

SaltyBuckster

That looks like a GREAT time.Wish I was there with ya all.Can't wait to get Doc and blt out this spring,should be like you guys trip was.Luv it !!

StumpHunter

:):) Looks like a great time and a very good way to meet and spend a little time getting to know each other. Very good to see everyone tying and I know the fellowship had to be great. :)

Jig Man

About Tuesday of last week I was beginning to understand that this trip was not about fishing. If that was the only reason I would have just stayed at home. It was more important than that. It was about spending time in camp with men that you had already shared good times with. Even though we hadn't met in person yet, there had been a bond and respect already set in place.
Like Radtexan said, when we first planned this deal it looked like it was going to be perfect fishing weather, but then things changed.... Boy did they ever!!!You see not only did the weather forecast change, but on Tuesday my bride went in for a biopsy, and on Friday we got the news... BREAST CANCER. That will kinda take the wind out of your sails, but Mel and I decided we needed to move ahead and do our best to not let this interfere with our lives as much as possible, while we see where this road leads us.
Men thank ya'll so much for being there for me this weekend, and for the prayers. And for the memories, don't worry Rad, I'm not gonna say anything about the............... you know!!! ;) And sorry you and Crappiehappy had to check out early, but I understand and I'm glad you made it home OK.
And a couple more pictures...

View attachment 1

One of the pluses of camp, is fishing tackle on the dinner table!!!

Attachments

• Image02112012180409.jpg
    Image02112012180409.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Image02112012181258.jpg
    Image02112012181258.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 57

CrappieHappy

Had a great time gents, nice meeting you all... The steaks and poppers look yummy...

P.S. , glad I had my boots on , it was getting deep really quick!

Mel , we will keep Mel in our prayers!!

Jig Man

Thanks roomie, we appreciate it. Enjoyed meeting you also, and don't forget to set that alarm in the morning!!!! :D

Back