Jars for Powder Paint

Fatman

Truthfully the ULine jars aren't all that expensive $16 for 36 but it's the shipping that will get you!!!! If you have a medical supply store near you check to see if they sell speciman cups with lids, they work just as well

Pepop

Squall Line said:
I'm looking to buy 12-18 Clear jars [glass or plastic]. Can someone please tell me the cheapest way to go? Thanks
Fatman said:
Truthfully the ULine jars aren't all that expensive $16 for 36 but it's the shipping that will get you!!!! If you have a medical supply store near you check to see if they sell speciman cups with lids, they work just as well

I bought 10 16oz and 12 4oz clear plastic jars from USPlastic Corp. I didn't need a case of either. The 4's were $.58 each and the 16's were $1.19 each. The shipping was $10.51 which was a bummer but the jars are just right though I wish I'd gotten the 32oz. The 16oz doesn't quite hold a pound of powder paint. They must be liquid measure. You'll see the 16oz is 4" tall & it's 3 1/2"diameter. The 4oz jar is exactly what TJ's uses for his 2oz powder paint.

IMAG0599_zps963fa270.jpg

It holds a little over 10oz (see what's left in a 1# bag of powder paint)

IMAG0584_zpsa863424b.jpg

Pepop

Fatman said:
Have to check them out, maybe I can save a bit over Uline. Thanks for the link.

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot the link...
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=22730&catid=0&clickid=popcorn

I would've got a 32oz jar for my clear (glad I didn't since they don't really hold a full measure) but I had just bought a couple clear 32oz canister's at WallyWorld and they DO hold 32oz of powder. Didn't really like the shape or the inner ledge but I figured for the clear it'll do.

IMAG0601_zps12d7a44a.jpg

Left - Empty, Right - Full of 2# Clear Powder

Fatman

Looks good but I'd be afraid of something happening to it and losing the whole batch!! As long as it's stored right you shouldn't have any problems.

Pepop

Ok Fatman, now you got me skeerd! Tell me what could possibly happen that could cause me to loose the batch. Surely keeping it in a jar with a tight fitting lid is better than the plastic bag w/twist-tie that it came in, isn't it?

Fatman

Didnt mean to freak you out!!! Just keep it out of the sun in a cool place - you don't want any type of moisture to get in that jar - I've just never seen anyone put all in one jar.

Pepop

My tying is done in my home office....for now that is, until I decide I need a 24X30 building to keep all my tying stuff in!!
BigSmiley.gif
so humidity/moisture isn't a problem. My biggest problem is how to keep the AC vent open and not have FEATHER FUZZ floating all over the place!
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-005.gif

Pepop

Fortunately I CAN shut the door to my office and my wife IS kinda skeerd to open it for fear of something jumping out on her.
smiley-shocked003.gif

Bkabina

I found these at the local Michael's. Cost $2.99 for a 4 pack. They were located in the paints and brushes.

Compared to a pro-tec jar.

60b32dd53ed0b6a17ec7b59b4e8cfc68.jpg

Back