J & S Sportmans Show

jjsjigs

Banned
I attended the J&S sportmans show in Scranton, PA. It was more of a mini-vacation without the kiddies so my wife (Karin) and I really enjoyed ourselves. Friday night we dropped the "minions" off with the Grandparents. We went out to La Trattoria Resturant on Moosic St. in Scranton's Southside. This Italian resturant is one of our favorites. They serve both Northern Italian cuisine (my favorite from my time spent at Aviano Air Base in Italy) and Southern cuisine (regional dishes from Rome to Sicily) that is Karin's favorite. Their vodka sauce is to die for!! (Just sayin'). An awesome meal, very reasonable prices in a cozy atmosphere.

Then at 9pm we went to the Wisecrackers Comedy Club that was located in the Clarion Inn Hub Lounge. The comedians were very funny.

The next morning the J&S show was located at the Clarion Inn in the Grand Ballroom. We woke up at the crack of dawn, at a small breakfast at the hotel resturant (which was free, and very nice). Then set up for the show at 7am. At 8am the doors opening and 30 minutes before opening there was a line to get in. The show was packed.. PACKED from the start to almost the closing.

2011-03-26_08-03-43_828.jpg

A somewhat blurred pic of all the attendees
2011-03-26_08-59-21_327.jpg

The big sellers of the day were Mr. Ambassador's bucktail trailers. I sold them all!

P9182029.jpg
P9182030.jpg

I got to meet a few of my customers face to face! There were a LOT of good deals there... You had to dig a little and know what you wanted to pay... a lot of wheelin' and dealin'. There were fishing, hunting supplies, flytying, rods, guns and ammo, books, outfitters hunts, y'know the usual stuff but prices seemed very good. My deal of the day was I got 40 cork size #1 popper bodies for only $1.00 Now I can keep myself supplied with fly poppers all season!!

LedHed

Sponsor
Wow - great post - looks like a lot of fun. And make money too????

What size are the trebles and how much do they sell for (if you don't mind me asking)?

Thnx

jjsjigs

Banned
After I paid for the hotel room and vendor fee... then sold jigs. I broke even. which is above and beyond what I thought I would do.

The trebles are in #2, #4, and #6 and we sell them for $2 each.

Back