It's Official

Fatman

Well I finally pulled the plug and put in my Retirement paperwork!!! I retire Officially New Years Eve and my last day is today!!! 40 years of Government service is enough!!

Arne

Good for you. been enjoying retirement for almost 4 yrs. now. Always something to do around here. Do not miss working at all except for the money. LOL.. Counting down the days til we head back to the lake. Hope it gets some water in it so the boat ramps stay useable. Making lures, working on tools to make lures, anything Kathy wants done, never lack for something to do. Arne.

hookup

Congradulations

I retired 6 months ago and have never been busier

Jamesddean

from one to another, Thank you for your service. There is almost always something to do. When all else fails, go fishin'. Tightlines, and enjoy.

eddieb

Been retired 3 years now ,and I love it , can find more to do than I ever thought possible , enjoy all you can, and thank you for the time you spent in the government .

RockGeo

Well I finally pulled the plug and put in my Retirement paperwork!!! I retire Officially New Years Eve and my last day is today!!! 40 years of Government service is enough!!
Congratulations Fatman! I think you'll find that retirement is a great gig. More freedom to do what you want and when you want. The fishing is more relaxed and the fun of making lures is enhanced. Carpe Diem!

fishdreamer

Congrats Fatman. Thanks for your service. Enjoy your retirement!!

jig-guy

I got lucky and retired from the government 24 years ago and never looked back. Fatman enjoy your retirement!

Jig Man

Yep, used to be a bunch on here called themselves the old geezers... Guess its our turn to carry on.

Arne

So far enjoying my geezerhood. More time for fishing. Just don't care for the cold much anymore. But on the bright side, THE DAYS ARE GETTING LONGER. Arne.

hookup

I've spent allot more time on the water now that I'm retired

Just put Dad in hospice so I'm in CA every couple/three months. Been borrowing gear from an old high school buddy and going out on the head boats out of Dana Point and Long Beach. Always a blast and always carry a bag of fillets to my buddies to cook dinner for us. He gets to keep the left overs since I have no way to keep them that's easy

toadfrog

Hello old friend. You have now joined the I Don't Want To , I Don't Have To , And You Can't Make Me club. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Nice that original JC members checked in. Guessing Stump is still yaking, Toad is still kicking, & Pup is abusing leather! How y'all doing ?

Ain't forgot you Jigman knocking out flatheads.

Last edited:
Back